Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Help: Usercontrol - different behaviors based on parent

Help: Usercontrol - different behaviors based on parent

VB Programmer

I have a usercontrol that is basically a webapp-wide menu (dropdownlists,
etc...)

Is there a way I can program a certain dropdownlist in the uc to act
differently BASED on who is currently using the uc?

William F. Robertson, Jr.

Yes you can.

You can either do it with a switch statement depending on the user, or a
session/placeholder.

I guess it really depends on how differently the different user's UC will
look.

But to answer you question...yes.

HTH,

bill

"VB Programmer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eaQmNT#(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a usercontrol that is basically a webapp-wide menu (dropdownlists,
> etc...)
>
> Is there a way I can program a certain dropdownlist in the uc to act
> differently BASED on who is currently using the uc?

VB Programmer

Are you saying to use a public var, like CurrentParentForm, to keep track of
which one their looking at?

"William F. Robertson, Jr." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OVO7hj%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes you can.
>
> You can either do it with a switch statement depending on the user, or a
> session/placeholder.
>
> I guess it really depends on how differently the different user's UC will
> look.
>
> But to answer you question...yes.
>
> HTH,
>
> bill
>

> "VB Programmer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eaQmNT#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have a usercontrol that is basically a webapp-wide menu

(dropdownlists,
> > etc...)
> >
> > Is there a way I can program a certain dropdownlist in the uc to act
> > differently BASED on who is currently using the uc?

William F. Robertson, Jr.

You can have the user control, like on its Page_Load method, check to see
what user it is, and then change the content of the page that way. If you
use the same logic to decide on the content of the page on first load and
post back, that control will keep track itself of what content was on the
page.

bill

news:uySiXI$(E-Mail Removed)...