Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > recover data from reformatted hard drive

recover data from reformatted hard drive

macy

As my windows xp acting slow as a snail, i intend to reinstall windows
to the

drive C(only windows files stored on it). I also have drive D and
drive E used

for store my personal data. But before reinstallment i reformatted the
whole

hard disk by mistake. The problem is: i did not back up drive D and E.
So the

data were gone.
i downloaded free data recovery software from software website but it
didn't

work. Should i turn to other unfree software or take my hard disk to

professional data recovery company? Anyone has suggetion on it?
Thanks!!!

dadiOH

macy wrote:
> As my windows xp acting slow as a snail, i intend to reinstall
> windows to the
>
> drive C(only windows files stored on it). I also have drive D and
> drive E used
>
> for store my personal data. But before reinstallment i reformatted
> the whole
>
> hard disk by mistake. The problem is: i did not back up drive D and
> E. So the
>
> data were gone.
> i downloaded free data recovery software from software website but
> it didn't
>
> work. Should i turn to other unfree software or take my hard disk to
>
> professional data recovery company? Anyone has suggetion on it?
> Thanks!!!

1. Do not use the computer for ANYTHING

2. Take/send the hard drive to a data recovery company.

3. Be prepared to spend $500 minimum.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Luce

On Jan 23, 4:15*pm, macy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> As my windows xp acting slow as a snail, i intend to reinstall windows
> to the
>
> drive C(only windows files stored on it). I also have drive D and
> drive E used
>
> for store my personal data. But before reinstallment i reformatted the
> whole
>
> hard disk by mistake. The problem is: i did not back up drive D and E.
> So the
>
> data were gone.
> i downloaded free data recovery software from software website but it
> didn't
>
> work. Should i turn to other unfree software or take my hard disk to
>
> professional data recovery company? Anyone has suggetion on it?
> Thanks!!!

Did you install the data recovery porgram on drive d and e? This cause
overwritten. If it was overwritten, the data lost permanently.
Taking to professional team usually cost too much. It's not difficult
using data recovery software. Try this Easeus Data Recovery Wizard
<http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?tg=dl-20&qt=easeus&tag=srch>
Try the demo to see if it recover your files before purchase.

Find more data recovery program info here, hope it helpful
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...e9473ae4346767

Roy Collingwood

Ford Electronics Ltd
01902 851715

www.fordelectronics.co.uk

"Luce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On Jan 23, 4:15 pm, macy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> As my windows xp acting slow as a snail, i intend to reinstall windows
> to the
>
> drive C(only windows files stored on it). I also have drive D and
> drive E used
>
> for store my personal data. But before reinstallment i reformatted the
> whole
>
> hard disk by mistake. The problem is: i did not back up drive D and E.
> So the
>
> data were gone.
> i downloaded free data recovery software from software website but it
> didn't
>
> work. Should i turn to other unfree software or take my hard disk to
>
> professional data recovery company? Anyone has suggetion on it?
> Thanks!!!

Did you install the data recovery porgram on drive d and e? This cause
overwritten. If it was overwritten, the data lost permanently.
Taking to professional team usually cost too much. It's not difficult
using data recovery software. Try this Easeus Data Recovery Wizard
<http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?tg=dl-20&qt=easeus&tag=srch>
Try the demo to see if it recover your files before purchase.

Find more data recovery program info here, hope it helpful
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...e9473ae4346767

unplug the drives with data, reinsatll windows & recovery program, turn pc
off, plug in the data drives, & try recovery.
I find stellar quite good.

roy

Aardvark

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 16:12:32 +0000, Roy Collingwood wrote:

>Nothing.

But he certainly has one helluva sig.

Evan Platt

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 18:54:25 GMT, Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>But he certainly has one helluva sig.

No, Roy does add a reply. His sig is at the top, his reply is at the
bottom.

Another Outhouse feature.

G. Morgan

Evan Platt wrote:

>On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 18:54:25 GMT, Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>But he certainly has one helluva sig.

>No, Roy does add a reply. His sig is at the top, his reply is at the
>bottom.
>
>Another Outhouse feature.

That's neat. When someone replies to it they get:

Roy Collingwood wrote:

<zip,nada,nothing>

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/oequotefix.html

--

-G

Evan Platt

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 21:27:57 +0000 (UTC), G. Morgan <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>That's neat. When someone replies to it they get:
>
>Roy Collingwood wrote:
>
><zip,nada,nothing>
>
>http://www.snapfiles.com/get/oequotefix.html

Well, yeah, except in Agent, if I highlight text - any or everything,
then hit R to reply, it quotes that text.

G. Morgan

Evan Platt wrote:

>Well, yeah, except in Agent, if I highlight text - any or everything,
>then hit R to reply, it quotes that text.

Yup... I use Agent too w/Nproxy covering my headers.

--

-G