Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Can't install Firefox, Adobe Reader, and Printer Drivers

Can't install Firefox, Adobe Reader, and Printer Drivers

Crayz

I just installed Vista Ultimate 64-bit, and I can't get any program to
install. I've downloaded the Vista 64-bit versions of the following programs:

Firefox
Adobe Reader

When I try to install these programs, I get APPCRASH.exe errors. Can
someone help?

Quad Core 6600, 8800 GT, Vista Ultimate 64-bit, 2 GB RAM

Thanks.

Carlos

Hi,
Strange, as there's no such thing as Adobe Reader for Vista 64-bit.
It is only 32-bit.
If you are having problems installing Adobe Reader then give Foxit Reader
2.2 a try.
Go to www.foxitsoftware.com and download the freeware reader.
It is lighter and faster than Adobe.

I can't tell you anything about Firefox because I use IE7.

Carlos

"Crayz" wrote:

> I just installed Vista Ultimate 64-bit, and I can't get any program to
> install. I've downloaded the Vista 64-bit versions of the following programs:
>
> Firefox
> Adobe Reader
>
> When I try to install these programs, I get APPCRASH.exe errors. Can
> someone help?
>
> Quad Core 6600, 8800 GT, Vista Ultimate 64-bit, 2 GB RAM
>
> Thanks.

Crayz

The only thing I've been able to install is Adobe flash. Does anyone else
have ideas?

"Carlos" wrote:

> Hi,
> Strange, as there's no such thing as Adobe Reader for Vista 64-bit.
> It is only 32-bit.
> If you are having problems installing Adobe Reader then give Foxit Reader
> 2.2 a try.
> Go to www.foxitsoftware.com and download the freeware reader.
> It is lighter and faster than Adobe.
>
> I can't tell you anything about Firefox because I use IE7.
>
> Carlos
>
> "Crayz" wrote:
>
> > I just installed Vista Ultimate 64-bit, and I can't get any program to
> > install. I've downloaded the Vista 64-bit versions of the following programs:
> >
> > Firefox
> > Adobe Reader
> >
> > When I try to install these programs, I get APPCRASH.exe errors. Can
> > someone help?
> >
> > Quad Core 6600, 8800 GT, Vista Ultimate 64-bit, 2 GB RAM
> >
> > Thanks.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

You must have to get 64bit print drivers for the 64bit spooler.

Where you attempting to load some print drivers or is this in conjunction
with the 32bit applications whose 32bit drivers will not function for x64
platform?

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Crayz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The only thing I've been able to install is Adobe flash. Does anyone else
> have ideas?
>
> "Carlos" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Strange, as there's no such thing as Adobe Reader for Vista 64-bit.
>> It is only 32-bit.
>> If you are having problems installing Adobe Reader then give Foxit Reader
>> 2.2 a try.
>> Go to www.foxitsoftware.com and download the freeware reader.
>> It is lighter and faster than Adobe.
>>
>> I can't tell you anything about Firefox because I use IE7.
>>
>> Carlos
>>
>> "Crayz" wrote:
>>
>> > I just installed Vista Ultimate 64-bit, and I can't get any program to
>> > install. I've downloaded the Vista 64-bit versions of the following
>> > programs:
>> >
>> > Firefox
>> > Adobe Reader
>> >
>> > When I try to install these programs, I get APPCRASH.exe errors. Can
>> > someone help?
>> >
>> > Quad Core 6600, 8800 GT, Vista Ultimate 64-bit, 2 GB RAM
>> >
>> > Thanks.

Crayz

I have a Canon Pixma 780MP. It's a multifunction printer. I downloaded the
Vista 64-bit drivers from their website. It's still not working.

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> You must have to get 64bit print drivers for the 64bit spooler.
>
> Where you attempting to load some print drivers or is this in conjunction
> with the 32bit applications whose 32bit drivers will not function for x64
> platform?
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "Crayz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > The only thing I've been able to install is Adobe flash. Does anyone else
> > have ideas?
> >
> > "Carlos" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> Strange, as there's no such thing as Adobe Reader for Vista 64-bit.
> >> It is only 32-bit.
> >> If you are having problems installing Adobe Reader then give Foxit Reader
> >> 2.2 a try.
> >> Go to www.foxitsoftware.com and download the freeware reader.
> >> It is lighter and faster than Adobe.
> >>
> >> I can't tell you anything about Firefox because I use IE7.
> >>
> >> Carlos

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Can't print? Setup fails? Any error message? If you can print, I'll defer
to anyone else for scanning issues.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Crayz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a Canon Pixma 780MP. It's a multifunction printer. I downloaded
>the
> Vista 64-bit drivers from their website. It's still not working.
>
> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> You must have to get 64bit print drivers for the 64bit spooler.
>>
>> Where you attempting to load some print drivers or is this in conjunction
>> with the 32bit applications whose 32bit drivers will not function for x64
>> platform?
>>
>> --
>> Alan Morris
>> Windows Printing Team
>> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

>> rights.
>>
>> "Crayz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > The only thing I've been able to install is Adobe flash. Does anyone
>> > else
>> > have ideas?

Crayz

It's not just the printer drivers. I can't run any executable in Vista
64-bit. I've even tried running in Administrator mode. I can run
installation drviers off a DVD ROM, but I can't run anything off a USB hard
drive or the HD itself.

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> Can't print? Setup fails? Any error message? If you can print, I'll defer
> to anyone else for scanning issues.
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "Crayz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have a Canon Pixma 780MP. It's a multifunction printer. I downloaded
> >the
> > Vista 64-bit drivers from their website. It's still not working.
> >
> > "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> You must have to get 64bit print drivers for the 64bit spooler.
> >>
> >> Where you attempting to load some print drivers or is this in conjunction
> >> with the 32bit applications whose 32bit drivers will not function for x64
> >> platform?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Alan Morris
> >> Windows Printing Team
> >> Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

> >> rights.
> >>
> >> "Crayz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Graham

Crayz wrote:
> It's not just the printer drivers. I can't run any executable in Vista
> 64-bit. I've even tried running in Administrator mode. I can run
> installation drviers off a DVD ROM, but I can't run anything off a USB hard
> drive or the HD itself.

It might help if you bothered to describe the symptoms, as has been
asked a couple of times. There's no detail in what you've posted to give
anyone a clue what your problem is. Is this a legit copy of Vista you
are running, and/or is it running in reduced functionality mode?

Windows Color Managment, Adobe Working Spaces, Adobe Gamma Andy Leese Digital Photography 9 11-24-2006 03:38 AM
Install Printer Drivers Dave ASP .Net 0 07-22-2006 04:51 PM
Picasa / Adobe Bridge / Adobe Photoshop Album Starter ? sharjo23 Digital Photography 3 04-24-2006 06:52 PM
Adobe Acrobat & Adobe Reader LAH Computer Support 4 04-11-2005 09:49 PM

Advertisments