Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Noise Reduction By Image Averaging

Noise Reduction By Image Averaging

John Navas

<http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/noise-reduction.htm>
--
Best regards,
John Navas

Ali

No new website. He covers good topics, but can't relay his knowledge very
well.

Don't get me wrong, he is very knowledgeable, but is not a trainer at heart.

"John Navas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> <http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/noise-reduction.htm>
> --
> Best regards,
> John Navas
> Panasonic DMC-FZ8 (and several others)

John Navas

Your own better example would be where?

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 23:06:34 -0000, "Ali" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
<(E-Mail Removed)>:

>No new website. He covers good topics, but can't relay his knowledge very
>well.
>
>Don't get me wrong, he is very knowledgeable, but is not a trainer at heart.
>
>"John Navas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

>> <http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/noise-reduction.htm>

--
Best regards,
John Navas
Panasonic DMC-FZ8 (and several others)

Rich

On Jan 22, 5:58 pm, John Navas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> <http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/noise-reduction.htm>
> --
> Best regards,
> John Navas
> Panasonic DMC-FZ8 (and several others)

For a real grounding in this, check out some of the astronomy image
processing groups. They've been using the technique for around 20
years, sometimes using thousands of images. The amount of detail they
get from their images (no joke) rivals some Hubble shots of the
planets. The programs used to do it do more than just stack images.
One of the best known is "Registax" a free program.
http://www.astronomie.be/registax/

John Navas

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:11:51 -0800 (PST), Rich <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in
<(E-Mail Removed)>:

>On Jan 22, 5:58 pm, John Navas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> <http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/noise-reduction.htm>

>For a real grounding in this, check out some of the astronomy image
>processing groups. They've been using the technique for around 20
>years, sometimes using thousands of images. The amount of detail they
>get from their images (no joke) rivals some Hubble shots of the
>planets. The programs used to do it do more than just stack images.
>One of the best known is "Registax" a free program.
>http://www.astronomie.be/registax/

Idea is similar, but the objective is different.

--
Best regards,
John Navas
Panasonic DMC-FZ8 (and several others)

Kevin McMurtrie

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
John Navas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> <http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/noise-reduction.htm>

I've tried that for noise back in the Oly CxxxZ days. It kinda works.

You can also blend many still life photos to simulate multiple sources
of light when you really only have one light.

Both work when the situation is too rare to justify upgraded equipment.

--
I don't read Google's spam. Reply with another service.

Toby

Of course this is completely doable, the downside being that nothing can
move in the frame between exposures.

Toby

"John Navas" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> <http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/noise-reduction.htm>
> --
> Best regards,
> John Navas
> Panasonic DMC-FZ8 (and several others)

Noise Reduction software (Neat Image, Noise Ninja, etc.) John Navas Digital Photography 0 10-19-2007 03:22 PM
[XSLT] averaging Michael Hamm XML 2 01-02-2006 02:45 AM
Averaging multiple dates =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBIYW1pbHRvbg==?= ASP .Net 4 03-24-2005 07:21 PM
Noise reduction - Neat Image - Olympus C-2500L John Navas Digital Photography 0 03-07-2004 04:09 PM
averaging numbers in text file Bill Reed C Programming 9 07-25-2003 09:28 AM

Advertisments