Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Standalone .NET web server

Standalone .NET web server

Amil Hanish

I want to place a demo web site on XP computers; these computers may not be
connected to the Internet so I need a standalone web server. These
computers will have .NET 2.0 installed.

In the old days, folks used Microsofts "Personal Web Server".

What is the best solution for hosting a site standalone? Can Cassini be use
somehow?

Amil

Javier Romero

In XP Professional you have Internet Information Services...
You have to install from de CD of XP... that allows to you run a demo .net
website

news:(E-Mail Removed)...