Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > SOAP Client creation in ASP.NET using MS SOAP Toolkit

SOAP Client creation in ASP.NET using MS SOAP Toolkit

Sham Ramakrishnan

how would I create a SOAP client in ASP.Net?
The following code just works fine in VB:

Dim lobjSOAP As New MSSOAPLib30.SoapClient30
lobjSOAP.ClientProperty("ServerHTTPRequest") = True
Call
lobjSOAP.MSSoapInit("http://services.xmethods.net/soap/urnmethods-Currency
Exchange.wsdl")
Debug.Print (lobjSOAP.getRate("England", "Japan"))

But the same piece of code:
Dim lobjSOAP As New MSSOAPLib30.SoapClient30
lobjSOAP.ClientProperty("ServerHTTPRequest") = True

lobjSOAP.MSSoapInit("http://services.xmethods.net/soap/urnmethods-Currency
Exchange.wsdl")
Response.Write(lobjSOAP.getRate("England", "Japan"))

doesnt seem to work? any solutions please?
Thanks

why would you use the soap toolkit in .net? one of the great features of
..net is it's inbuilt ability to handle webservices/soap calls.

"Sham Ramakrishnan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> how would I create a SOAP client in ASP.Net?
> The following code just works fine in VB:
>
> Dim lobjSOAP As New MSSOAPLib30.SoapClient30
> lobjSOAP.ClientProperty("ServerHTTPRequest") = True
> Call

lobjSOAP.MSSoapInit("http://services.xmethods.net/soap/urnmethods-Currency
> Exchange.wsdl")
> Debug.Print (lobjSOAP.getRate("England", "Japan"))
>

> But the same piece of code:
> Dim lobjSOAP As New MSSOAPLib30.SoapClient30
> lobjSOAP.ClientProperty("ServerHTTPRequest") = True

lobjSOAP.MSSoapInit("http://services.xmethods.net/soap/urnmethods-Currency
> Exchange.wsdl")
> Response.Write(lobjSOAP.getRate("England", "Japan"))
>
> doesnt seem to work? any solutions please?
> Thanks

Sham Ramakrishnan

can you gimme an example of how i would replicate a SOAP client using the
serviced components that come with .Net? System.web.services? this would be
the namespavce to look at.. right?
thanks again...