Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > WebLink - the Web Developer's Wiki - For developers by developers

WebLink - the Web Developer's Wiki - For developers by developers

nokidding

I am putting together a Web design/development wiki and I need your
participation to make it a success. You can post comments, new
content, tools, tips, techniques, code sample, questions, ides, links
to tutorials and articles. Anything tht makes Web development easier
for all of us. I want this to be an open and public site created by
the users of the site. So check it out today at http:weblinkaz.com
There are so many new tools today, it is hard to keep up with them
all. Sharing on this wiki will make that easier and we will have a
repository of knowledge all in one place.

Thanks for your help and interest.

Travis Newbury

On Jan 22, 12:40 pm, nokidding <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am putting together a Web design/development wiki and I need your
> participation to make it a success.

Whats wrong with usenet?

Travis Newbury

On Jan 22, 12:40 pm, nokidding <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am putting together a Web design/development wiki and I need your
> participation to make it a success....

This is your advice?

"Driving Traffic to your Site
Market on MySpace - huge market - easy to broadcast the existence of
your site
Market on Yahoo, Google, Ebay User Groups (post others that you know
of) "

Isn't that last one known as a form of SPAM?

asdf

"Travis Newbury" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Jan 22, 12:40 pm, nokidding <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I am putting together a Web design/development wiki and I need your
>> participation to make it a success.

> Whats wrong with usenet?

It's full of self opinionated wankers who profess to know more than they
actually do, and are more interested in bignoting themselves than to
actually providing any meaningful, useful information.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 23 Jan 2008 07:18:26 GMT
asdf scribed:

> "Travis Newbury" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Jan 22, 12:40 pm, nokidding <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> I am putting together a Web design/development wiki and I need your
>>> participation to make it a success.

>> Whats wrong with usenet?

> It's full of self opinionated wankers who profess to know more than they
> actually do, and are more interested in bignoting themselves than to
> actually providing any meaningful, useful information.

No, it's full of self-opinionated people who are there to satisfy their own
wishes just as are the queriers. If you hold a fairytale-like conception
of a process that is about as spontaneously fundamental and real as it
gets, you may, of course, be discontent with same.

--
Neredbojias
Riches are their own reward.

Travis Newbury

On Jan 23, 2:18 am, "asdf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Whats wrong with usenet?

> It's full of self opinionated wankers who profess to know more than they
> actually do, and are more interested in bignoting themselves than to
> actually providing any meaningful, useful information.

And you think that this other forum won't attract these same kinds of
people?

asdf

"Travis Newbury" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Jan 23, 2:18 am, "asdf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> > Whats wrong with usenet?

>> It's full of self opinionated wankers who profess to know more than they
>> actually do, and are more interested in bignoting themselves than to
>> actually providing any meaningful, useful information.

> And you think that this other forum won't attract these same kinds of
> people?

Ah now, I didn't say that

PMSL

Andy Dingley

On 23 Jan, 07:18, "asdf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > Whats wrong with usenet?

> It's full of self opinionated wankers who profess to know more than they
> actually do, and are more interested in bignoting themselves than to
> actually providing any meaningful, useful information.

Well we knew _that_ !

That aside though, usenet is still (IMHO) the smartest resource around
for web design advice (and a few other things, such as sheds). The
contributors are simply better.