Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > "Internal connection fatal error" when calling SQLCommand.ExecuteReader

"Internal connection fatal error" when calling SQLCommand.ExecuteReader

Julian Bowes

We are getting this error intermittently (about 5-10 times an hour) from one
of our applications. It is not restricted to any particular page or data
source (as far as we can tell), but can occur on any ExecuteReader call.
I can find almost nothing on this error anywhere - has anyone seen it
before?

System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type
System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown. --->
System.InvalidOperationException: Internal connection fatal error.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(Com mandBehavior
cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(Com mandBehavior behavior)

Many thanks

Julian Bowes