Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Keeping Wireless Zero Configuration

Keeping Wireless Zero Configuration

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBDLg==?=

I recently upgraded to Windows XP Professional on my old Pen#2 450GHtz PC. I
added a Belkin Wireless Network Card to this PC and a Belkin Wireless router
to my other PC.

When I set up my wireless network card I set a Wireless Zero Configuration
to connect to the other PC router. The wireless connection works good once
the Wireless Zero Configuration is set. Each time I turn off the PC it loses
the Wireless Zero Configuration. Where do I set the Wireless Zero
Configuration to remain the same all the time and not reset when I reboot or
turn off the PC?

Thanks for any assistance
--
John in Carolina

Malke

John C. wrote:

> I recently upgraded to Windows XP Professional on my old Pen#2 450GHtz
> PC. I added a Belkin Wireless Network Card to this PC and a Belkin
> Wireless router to my other PC.
>
> When I set up my wireless network card I set a Wireless Zero
> Configuration to connect to the other PC router. The wireless
> connection works good once the Wireless Zero Configuration is set.
> Each time I turn off the PC it loses the Wireless Zero Configuration.
> Where do I set the Wireless Zero Configuration to remain the same all
> the time and not reset when I reboot or turn off the PC?
>
> Thanks for any assistance

I suspect this is because the Belkin wireless card is taking over. I
just experienced this with a client's setup. Open the Belkin wireless
configuration manager and look for the option to disable the Belkin
from managing wireless and to allow Windows to do it.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers