Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Formatted MAC OSX Partition using NTFS - Need to reverse that and getdata files back... Can You Help?

Formatted MAC OSX Partition using NTFS - Need to reverse that and getdata files back... Can You Help?

pspuser

Long story short, when trying to use BootCamp to load XP on a MBP, I
accidentally formatted the MAC OSX (latest version) partition (insert
snickers here).

I need a utility that I can point to the drive to reverse my handywork
(revert back to OSX)
and get the OSX partition and hopefully the data back - any ideas?

nikhilw23@gmail.com

On Jan 22, 9:52*am, pspuser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Long story short, when trying to use BootCamp to load XP on a MBP, I
> accidentally formatted the MAC OSX (latest version) partition (insert
> snickers here).
>
> I need a utility that I can point to the drive to reverse my handywork
> (revert back to OSX)
> and get the OSX partition *and hopefully the data back - *any ideas?

try to download the datarecovery software form the
http://www.download32.com/mac-file-r...re-d35624.html it
may work

PeeCee

"pspuser" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Long story short, when trying to use BootCamp to load XP on a MBP, I
> accidentally formatted the MAC OSX (latest version) partition (insert
> snickers here).
>
> I need a utility that I can point to the drive to reverse my handywork
> (revert back to OSX)
> and get the OSX partition and hopefully the data back - any ideas?

Other than having an 'image' of your hard drive to hand it is highly
unlikely you will find a way of reverting back to your previous OSX state.

The second your attempt to load XP started to write files to the hard drive
was the second your OSX files became unrecoverable.
A data recovery utility may! be able to recover 'some' files but because the
XP install (or any file write for that matter) overwrites the previous data
it is highly likely any OSX files touched by the XP install will be severely
corrupted if not completely blown away anyway.
Mind you getting OSX back is not really a problem as all you have to do is
boot of your OSX install disk and reinstall.

If what you mean by 'data' on the other hand is your personal data files ie
documents, emails, photo's etc then I think you may find you have learned
the hardest lesson to learn with 'any' computer.

Backup
Backup
Backup.

Best with your endevours.
Paul.

Mitch

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
pspuser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Long story short, when trying to use BootCamp to load XP on a MBP, I
> accidentally formatted the MAC OSX (latest version) partition (insert
> snickers here).
>
> I need a utility that I can point to the drive to reverse my handywork
> (revert back to OSX)
> and get the OSX partition and hopefully the data back - any ideas?

I've only used Data Rescue II; because it worked.