Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > acer AL1702W monitor

acer AL1702W monitor

Lorenzo 1950

PC Dell 8200
Running Windows XP SP2
The suggested maximum resolution is 1440/900 pixels and Windows only goes up
to 1360/768 pixels.
Any way to correct this or do I have to use the lower resolution?
The monitor is Refurbished and I think there may be a driver available.
Thank you.

Evan Platt

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 18:25:38 -0500, "Lorenzo 1950"
<lhale1950@............> wrote:

>PC Dell 8200
>Running Windows XP SP2
>The suggested maximum resolution is 1440/900 pixels and Windows only goes up
>to 1360/768 pixels.
>Any way to correct this or do I have to use the lower resolution?
>The monitor is Refurbished and I think there may be a driver available.
>Thank you.

You haven't installed the driver for the monitor?

Well that could be the problem there...

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Lorenzo 1950" <lhale1950@............> wrote:

>PC Dell 8200
>Running Windows XP SP2
>The suggested maximum resolution is 1440/900 pixels and Windows only goes up
>to 1360/768 pixels.
>Any way to correct this or do I have to use the lower resolution?
>The monitor is Refurbished and I think there may be a driver available.
>Thank you.

This would be your video card, it can't handle the higher resolution.
--

http://blueballmachineage9.ytmnd.com/

Lorenzo 1950

Well it is plug and play and there was no disk or any instructions.
I plugged it in and set up the highest resolution possible.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 18:25:38 -0500, "Lorenzo 1950"
> <lhale1950@............> wrote:
>
>>PC Dell 8200
>>Running Windows XP SP2
>>The suggested maximum resolution is 1440/900 pixels and Windows only goes
>>up
>>to 1360/768 pixels.
>>Any way to correct this or do I have to use the lower resolution?
>>The monitor is Refurbished and I think there may be a driver available.
>>Thank you.

> You haven't installed the driver for the monitor?
>
> Well that could be the problem there...

Mitch

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Lorenzo 1950
<lhale1950@............> wrote:

> PC Dell 8200
> Running Windows XP SP2
> The suggested maximum resolution is 1440/900 pixels and Windows only goes up
> to 1360/768 pixels.
> Any way to correct this or do I have to use the lower resolution?
> The monitor is Refurbished and I think there may be a driver available.
> Thank you.

Once you install the proper software for that monitor, you simply MUST
be able to select the native resolution.
I seriously do not understand why people are still trying to use any
Windows OS.

PeeCee

"Lorenzo 1950" <lhale1950@............> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> PC Dell 8200
> Running Windows XP SP2
> The suggested maximum resolution is 1440/900 pixels and Windows only goes
> up to 1360/768 pixels.
> Any way to correct this or do I have to use the lower resolution?
> The monitor is Refurbished and I think there may be a driver available.
> Thank you.

Lorenzo

Sometimes the native resolution of your screen won't show up unless the
screens .inf file is installed.
Plug & Pray doesn't allways communicate all the details correctly so it
would be best to head to the LCD makers website and get the screens .inf
(drivers if you like) file.

Paul.

Blinky the Shark

Mitch wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Lorenzo 1950
> <lhale1950@............> wrote:
>
>> PC Dell 8200
>> Running Windows XP SP2
>> The suggested maximum resolution is 1440/900 pixels and Windows only
>> goes up to 1360/768 pixels.
>> Any way to correct this or do I have to use the lower resolution? The
>> monitor is Refurbished and I think there may be a driver available.
>> Thank you.
>>

> Once you install the proper software for that monitor, you simply MUST be
> able to select the native resolution. I seriously do not understand why
> people are still trying to use any Windows OS.

I just got a new monitor. Naturally, there were no drivers for Linux. I
plugged it in and Linux/X happily provided 1920x1200 for it.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Steve

On Jan 22, 6:25*am, "Lorenzo 1950" <lhale1950@............> wrote:
> PC Dell 8200
> Running Windows XP SP2
> The suggested maximum resolution is 1440/900 pixels and Windows only goes up
> to 1360/768 pixels.
> Any way to correct this or do I have to use the lower resolution?
> The monitor is Refurbished and I think there may be a driver available.
> Thank you.

Install the drivers for your video card. I had the same problems with
mine and an ATI radeon 9550. I had the basic ATI drivers installed,
but couldn't get the proper 1440x900 resolution. So I went back online
and downloaded the full ATI driver package for the video card.
Installed that, and was finally able to get the 1440x900 resolution.

By the way. I also used this monitor on my 5-year old Apple Powerbook.
That's an old NVIDIA GeForce 2. It was able to do 1440x900 right away,
no problems whatsoever. The same went for my iMac. Why am I using the
monitor on the PC then? Well, it's not my PC and it's not my monitor -
it's the in-laws'. I'm a mac user all the way and I've never looked
back. My computers allow me to get the job done and I don't need to be
a slave to them. Happy happy.