Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Linksys router woes

Linksys router woes

sittingduck

Dane Beko wrote:

> I agree with the "el barato sale caro"; my wife says that quite often.
> I've put a brand-new Linksys router online, configured it and so
> let's see what happens. Thanks, everyone.

I've had issues with no less than 4 Linksys routers. I switched to a Netgear,
and it's much nicer. No more constant disconnects from IRC, no more random
reboots to get the network back.

--
http://improve-usenet.org

Dane Beko

FamilyNet International Newsgate

In a message to All, Sittingduck <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Si> I've had issues with no less than 4 Linksys routers. I switched
Si> to a Netgear, and it's much nicer. No more constant disconnects
Si> from IRC, no more random reboots to get the network back.

If this latest Linksys router gives me grief and I have to purchase
another one, it won't be another Linksys.

FamilyNet <> Internet Gated Mail
http://www.familynet-international.org

Sys Sys is offline
Junior Member
Location: Where it is still not safe from chemtrails.

(( Many years later in the future ))

- Anyone reading this having issues?
Think about your wiring connections in your wall going to phonejack, ethernet jacks, etc.
DSL dropping IP is usually just a loose wire or screw.
Sometimes the wire will break a little bit and you might not see this without close-up view.
' have you tampered with the wiring or rj11-45 outlets recently would be my 1st question to anyone mentioning this old common problem.
Cable dropping IP is sometimes related to loose connection in coax cable and will need 7\16th wrench and ladder to hit the basement ceiling and find connections that are loose. Sometimes they will twist or have a twist during installation and overtime it will loosen the once tight connection. Don't forget the outside box and watch some youtube videos if uncertain about the insides of the boxes.
Sometimes a gopher will get mad at you for mowing the yard and knocking down dirt hills and then moisture percentage is trigger possibly.

Symptoms or Questions to ask self:
:intermittent connection, ip resetting with new ip every few minutes, sometimes few times a day only.
Sometimes the internet works fine all day-week even when its wet outside.
Some dry days it will go out, some wet days it will go out.
Did i mess with the wiring?

Last edited by Sys; 03-06-2012 at 02:44 PM..