Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > "Favorite Folder"

"Favorite Folder"

Simmo

Ok I give up - what does checking one or more mail folders as a
"Favorite Folder" do in Thunderbird?

Rom

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 00:08:48 +1300, Simmo wrote:

> Ok I give up - what does checking one or more mail folders as a
> "Favorite Folder" do in Thunderbird?

Spell it incorrectly?

--
Rom

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Simmo wrote:
> Ok I give up - what does checking one or more mail folders as a
> "Favorite Folder" do in Thunderbird?

.. . . and where are you getting that info from?

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Simmo

Rom wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 00:08:48 +1300, Simmo wrote:
>
>> Ok I give up - what does checking one or more mail folders as a
>> "Favorite Folder" do in Thunderbird?

> Spell it incorrectly?

Huh?

"Favorite" is the correct USA spelling. Personally I'm not in the US
and the correct way of spelling it here is "Favourite", but I'm just
following suit.

Simmo

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> Simmo wrote:
>> Ok I give up - what does checking one or more mail folders as a
>> "Favorite Folder" do in Thunderbird?

> . . . and where are you getting that info from?

What info?

Right click a folder in the folder pane (or indeed a newsgroup) and you
should see an option for "Favorite Folder" in the menu.

Thunderbird 2.0.0.9

Simmo wrote:
> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> Simmo wrote:
>>> Ok I give up - what does checking one or more mail folders as a
>>> "Favorite Folder" do in Thunderbird?

>> . . . and where are you getting that info from?

> What info?
>
> Right click a folder in the folder pane (or indeed a newsgroup) and you
> should see an option for "Favorite Folder" in the menu.
>
> Thunderbird 2.0.0.9

never noticed before and just figured it out. Some people
have several email accounts, or they filter certain mails
into special folders. If you right click the inbox or the
special folder, you mark them as favorite. Then under View,
Folder, you select favorite and those folders will become
the only ones you see. This way you can keep track of just
those folders and nothing else.

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:29:09 +1300, Simmo wrote:

> Rom wrote:
>> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 00:08:48 +1300, Simmo wrote:
>>
>>> Ok I give up - what does checking one or more mail folders as a
>>> "Favorite Folder" do in Thunderbird?

>> Spell it incorrectly?

> Huh?

SCNR

> "Favorite" is the correct USA spelling. Personally I'm not in the US
> and the correct way of spelling it here is "Favourite", but I'm just
> following suit.

Yep, that's right, and for here too. It's one of those spelling
differences that I'd prefer not to have in an OS or program.

--
Rom

Simmo

> never noticed before and just figured it out. Some people have several
> email accounts, or they filter certain mails into special folders. If
> you right click the inbox or the special folder, you mark them as
> favorite. Then under View, Folder, you select favorite and those
> folders will become the only ones you see. This way you can keep track
> of just those folders and nothing else.

Thanks, I'll go back to ignoring it