Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Faulty css files or wrong html code?

Faulty css files or wrong html code?

Peter Ostermann

Hi NG,

as a css newby I need help for to justify my css code. Or is it a problem
in the html code? Have a look to this faultiy page. Lower part of the
text is in front fixed. All text was planned to go to the scrollable area,
not
only the upper half.

http://home.nwn.de/peter.ostermann/b...pdoku_test.htm

I need the fixed head part and the *scrollable* text area and want to aviod
frames. The page with just the plain text and identical html code (no head
part) works:

http://home.nwn.de/peter.ostermann/text.htm

See my css code below. Who can help? Many thanks in advance.

Regards
Peter Ostermann

***** file no 1:

/* CSS Document IMHO needed for IE 5 and IE 6 */
html, body { overflow:hidden; }

#menu, #rahmen { position:absolute; }
#rahmen {
top:420px;
left:0;
height:90%;
height:expression(document.body.clientHeight - 420 + "px");
width:100%;
overflow:auto;z-index:3;
}

***** file no 2:

/* CSS Document */
body {
height:100%;
margin:0;
padding:0;
}
#menu {
left:0;
top:0;
width:100%;
height:420px;
background:white;
z-index:4;
}
body>#rahmen { padding-topx; }
body>#menu { position:fixed; }
body>#inhalt { position:static; }

Chaddy2222

On Jan 20, 9:37*pm, "Peter Ostermann" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Hi NG,
>
> as a css newby I need help for to *justify my css code. Or is it a problem
> in the html code? Have a look to this faultiy page. Lower part of *the
> text is in front fixed. All text was planned to go to the scrollable area,
> not
> only the upper half.
>
> http://home.nwn.de/peter.ostermann/b...pdoku_test.htm
>
> I need the fixed head part and the *scrollable* text area and want to aviod
> frames. The page with just the plain text and identical html code (no head
> part) works:
>
> http://home.nwn.de/peter.ostermann/text.htm

<snip>
Just post a URL (we can view the code through a range of options.
BTW fix your errors.
http://validator.w3.org oh and use a strict DTD to get IE out of
quirks mode.

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit Chaddy2222:

> Just post a URL (we can view the code through a range of options.
> BTW fix your errors.

The question was multiposted, and you're saying that the markup is
invalid. Enough said.

--
Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

Faulty Camera or Faulty Photographer? Graham Fountain Digital Photography 40 09-21-2006 04:55 AM
XSLT and faulty HTML output Taare XML 2 04-27-2005 03:07 PM
confused - html validates, css validates but validate css from the html causes errors Titus A Ducksass - AKA broken-record HTML 6 11-15-2004 12:59 PM
Faulty SRAM Zyd VHDL 0 07-12-2004 01:22 PM
Faulty disk or faulty player? Gavin23601 DVD Video 4 10-22-2003 04:13 AM

Advertisments