Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Summarization with EIGRP

Summarization with EIGRP

dennis

Hi all,

currently I have build a new network design with EIGRP. This ws a
migration from a flat layer 2 to a full routed network. The routing
protokoll is now EIGRP.
There is a traditionell hirachy with a core - distribution and access
layer.
Right now I there are several static routes configured on both core
switches. Now I would like to send only summaries from the static
routes and the transfer ip ranges to the distribution and access
switches.

What is the best practice to appear this routes as summary in the
routing table with EIGRP?

greetz
dennis

Merv

see Cisco doc "How to configure a summary aggregate address for a
specified interface using EIGRP"

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-ad...case=K17263253

Greg

I do this all of time. Create multiple VLANs behind a /16 boundary.
Here is an example.

int vlan 10
ip address 10.1.1.0 255.255.255.0
!
int vlan 11
ip address 10.1.2.0 255.255.255.0
!
int vlan 12
ip address 10.1.3.0 255.255.255.0
!
int vlan 10
ip address 10.1.4.0 255.255.255.0
!
int vlan 10
ip address 10.1.5.0 255.255.255.0

router eigrp 100
no auto-summ
network 10.0.0.0
!
Then on the egress interface you want to send a summary route.
ip summary-route eigrp 100 10.1.0.0 255.255.0.0. This is a great
method to trim the size of your routing tables, it also keeps
reconvergence to a minimum.

Merv

Also the OP should ensure the EIGRP stub routing feature is
implemeneted on all access routers to reduce the EIGRP query boundary

Route summarization from within an MPLS domain.... Scooby Cisco 0 06-06-2007 04:05 PM
Text Summarization Jim Jones Python 4 07-19-2006 03:51 PM
OSPF Summarization within Area 0 ciscortp@hotmail.com Cisco 4 05-27-2006 06:57 PM
EIGRP, Want to prevent any EIGRP traffic to a interface BG Cisco 3 02-09-2006 08:05 PM

Advertisments