Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > 2 line 2 socket ATA

2 line 2 socket ATA

Lansbury

Is there an ATA into which I can plug 2 phones each with their own number and
completely separate from each other. I've read various sales leaflets online
but don't know enough to decided if they do what I want. I think a Linksys
SPA2002 will do this but am not sure.

Failing that, is it possible to plug 2 ATAs, such as the SPA2002, into the
same router and for them to work without interfering with each other.

Thanks

--
Lansbury
www.uk-air.net

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Lansbury wrote:
> Is there an ATA into which I can plug 2 phones each with their own
> number and completely separate from each other. I've read various
> sales leaflets online but don't know enough to decided if they do
> what I want. I think a Linksys SPA2002 will do this but am not sure.
>
> Failing that, is it possible to plug 2 ATAs, such as the SPA2002,
> into the same router and for them to work without interfering with
> each other.
>
> Thanks

I have a Linksys PAP2 this has 2 independent lines. Each line with their
own number. Each line with a REN of 5, so I have 2 phones connected to one
line and 3 phones connected to the other, as you would with normal landline
extensions. Some of the SPA range do also have two independent lines.

You can also use two ATAs, just need to alter some of the port settings.

--
http://www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk/pcpro
http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/dyna/r...rchives_en.cfm

Lansbury

Thanks

acdeag

"Lansbury" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there an ATA into which I can plug 2 phones each with their own number
> and
> completely separate from each other. I've read various sales leaflets
> online
> but don't know enough to decided if they do what I want. I think a Linksys
> SPA2002 will do this but am not sure.
>
> Failing that, is it possible to plug 2 ATAs, such as the SPA2002, into the
> same router and for them to work without interfering with each other.
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> Lansbury
> www.uk-air.net
> FAQs for the alt.travel.uk.air newsgroup

Also Fritzbox ATA. Very good bit of kit, two lines, but you can also
configure up to 10 providers.

http://www.voiptalk.org/products/AVM+FritzBox+Fon+ata

You can buy it in other places as well.