Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > JDBC

Andry

Hello,
what is JDBC How Can i use it nto java
??

nipawit@hotmail.com

On Jan 19, 2:31 pm, Andry <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello,
> what is JDBC How Can i use it nto java
> ??

Hi,
JDBC(Java Database Connectivity) is interface for a connectivity to
SQL database. I wrote some series articles about how to connect to SQL
databases(SQL Server and MySQL) from NetBeans, you can try visit at
http://www.linglom.com

Roedy Green

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 23:31:09 -0800 (PST), Andry <(E-Mail Removed)>

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jdbc.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sql.html
--
Roedy Green, Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary, http://mindprod.com

Markus Tazl

On 19 Jan., 08:31, Andry <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello,
> what is JDBC How Can i use it nto java
> ??

Good starting point : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JDBC and (surprise,
surprise ) : http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/te...s/guides/jdbc/

best regards
Markus Tazl

Lew

> On Jan 19, 2:31 pm, Andry <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> what is JDBC How Can i use it nto java
>> ??

> Hi,
> JDBC(Java Database Connectivity) is interface for a connectivity to
> SQL database. I wrote some series articles about how to connect to SQL
> databases(SQL Server and MySQL) from NetBeans, you can try visit at

For a somewhat more literate and complete introduction, follow the links given
by Markus Tazi. The Sun link will lead you to the tutorials and other useful
places.

(You can find all the Sun tutorials by starting at
<http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/reallybigindex.html> )

IBM's DevelopWorks is another excellent information source:

--
Lew

RedGrittyBrick

Andry wrote:
> Hello,
> what is JDBC

Java DataBase Connectivity (JDBC) is a means of accessing data in
relational databases from Java programs.

> How Can i use it nto java
> ??

By reading a tutorial.
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutor...iew/index.html

You'll also need a DBMS and a JDBC driver for that DBMS.

I suggest you also search this newsgroup for previous discussion of JDBC
and related topics such as DAO, JDO and Hibernate.