Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Pythonland documentation

Pythonland documentation

Simon Pickles

Hi

I am new to python (fairly) but can't stop pythonning.

c++ seems so far away now.... from here it looks like a horrid scribble

Anyway.... my question is really about doc tools. I've been used to
doxygen in c++ land, and although it makes a reasonable stab with a
python project in java mode, the output is a bit messy.

Can any one suggest a more tailored tool? or do I risk a flamewar?

Thanks

SiPi

--
Linux user #458601 - http://counter.li.org.

Mike Driscoll

On Jan 18, 12:51 pm, Simon Pickles <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am new to python (fairly) but can't stop pythonning.
>
> c++ seems so far away now.... from here it looks like a horrid scribble
>
> Anyway.... my question is really about doc tools. I've been used to
> doxygen in c++ land, and although it makes a reasonable stab with a
> python project in java mode, the output is a bit messy.
>
> Can any one suggest a more tailored tool? or do I risk a flamewar?
>
> Thanks
>
> SiPi
>
> --
> Linux user #458601 -http://counter.li.org.

Well, there's DocUtils:

http://docutils.sourceforge.net/

And here are some others:

http://peak.telecommunity.com/protoc...-example1.html

And finally, there's this:

http://www.python.org/community/sigs...ig/otherlangs/

Mike

Laurent Pointal

Le Fri, 18 Jan 2008 18:51:19 +0000, Simon Pickles a √©crit¬*:

> Hi
>
> I am new to python (fairly) but can't stop pythonning.
>
> c++ seems so far away now.... from here it looks like a horrid scribble
>

> Anyway.... my question is really about doc tools. I've been used to
> doxygen in c++ land, and although it makes a reasonable stab with a
> python project in java mode, the output is a bit messy.
>
> Can any one suggest a more tailored tool? or do I risk a flamewar?

You can take a look at epydoc

http://epydoc.sourceforge.net/

--
Laurent POINTAL - http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)