Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Pl help me regarding custom printing

Pl help me regarding custom printing

navdeep2401@rediffmail.com

hi,
i m facing problem while printing. i have developed a project that
generates reciept for the customer. i have to print just four to seven
lines. and i want printer should stop after printing the given lines
so i can tear the reciept and can resume next printing from the given
page. but it is roll overing the entire page after printing the given
four or five lines.
please tell me the java code to make it possible
would be thankful

Martin Gregorie

> hi,
> i m facing problem while printing. i have developed a project that
> generates reciept for the customer. i have to print just four to seven
> lines. and i want printer should stop after printing the given lines
> so i can tear the reciept and can resume next printing from the given
> page. but it is roll overing the entire page after printing the given
> four or five lines.

What sort of printer is it?
What sort of paper are you using?

If its a page printer (e.g. an HP Laserjet) then it will always print an
entire page: that's what page printers do.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK