Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Question about Edit Data in DetailsView

Question about Edit Data in DetailsView

Robin9876

When editing data in DetailsView or GridView in Visual Studio 2005 all
the data items change to text boxes to edit. How can you change it so
a drop down list is used on particular fields?

JIGNESH

Use templates like <EditItemTemplate>. then you will be able to insert
control of your choice like dropdown and you need to bind control properties
to field.

If you have worked with template in 1.0 or 1.1 version, then its in same way.

Need step by step guidence then let me know.

Regards
JIGNESH