Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > BT VOYAGER 2500V with VOIP

BT VOYAGER 2500V with VOIP

Homeworker

da wonder of ebay

I bought a BT VOYAGER 2500V with built in
VOIP support and telephone socket

i presume this means no computer needs to be
on just the router at all times

i presume if i use somepne like sipgate who support
multiple voip companies i can have multiple lines
phone numers incoming

i presume if i want to take full advantage multiple
outgoing i need to buy separately somehting like
a grandstream

am i learning , trying hard here to get to grips
with this technology

--
http://www.gradwell.com/voip/pricing/
http://www.sipgate.co.uk/user/tarife.php?show=2

Custard

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 07:11:08 GMT, "Homeworker" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>da wonder of ebay
>
>I bought a BT VOYAGER 2500V with built in
>VOIP support and telephone socket
>
>i presume this means no computer needs to be
>on just the router at all times

Correct.

>i presume if i use somepne like sipgate who support
>multiple voip companies i can have multiple lines
>phone numers incoming

Possibly ! My one was enabled for BT Talk so haven't tried others.

>i presume if i want to take full advantage multiple
>outgoing i need to buy separately somehting like
>a grandstream

HMMMMMMMMM

Desk Rabbit

Homeworker wrote:
> da wonder of ebay
>
> I bought a BT VOYAGER 2500V with built in
> VOIP support and telephone socket

Good for you.

> i presume this means no computer needs to be
> on just the router at all times

Correct

> i presume if i use somepne like sipgate who support
> multiple voip companies i can have multiple lines
> phone numers incoming

Maybe.

> i presume if i want to take full advantage multiple
> outgoing i need to buy separately somehting like
> a grandstream

A Grandstream what?

> am i learning , trying hard here to get to grips
> with this technology

I know. Technology can be difficult. Generally one starts a sentence
with a capital letter and i by itself is usually a capital I. You will
find the shift keys on your keyboard will produce these characyers if
you hold one down whilst pressing the character you wish to capitalise.

Full stops are customary at the end of sentences. On a UK keyboard the
full stop key is just left of the ?

Nick

"Desk Rabbit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Homeworker wrote:
> > da wonder of ebay
> >
> > I bought a BT VOYAGER 2500V with built in
> > VOIP support and telephone socket

> Good for you.
>

> > i presume this means no computer needs to be
> > on just the router at all times

> Correct
>
> > i presume if i use somepne like sipgate who support
> > multiple voip companies i can have multiple lines
> > phone numers incoming

> Maybe.
>
> > i presume if i want to take full advantage multiple
> > outgoing i need to buy separately somehting like
> > a grandstream

> A Grandstream what?
>
> > am i learning , trying hard here to get to grips
> > with this technology

> I know. Technology can be difficult. Generally one starts a sentence
> with a capital letter and i by itself is usually a capital I. You will
> find the shift keys on your keyboard will produce these characyers if
> you hold one down whilst pressing the character you wish to capitalise.
>
> Full stops are customary at the end of sentences. On a UK keyboard the
> full stop key is just left of the ?

And once these skills are achieved, correct spelling is the next.

mymail@hotmail.co.uk

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:58:37 GMT, "Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Desk Rabbit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Homeworker wrote:
>> > da wonder of ebay
>> >
>> > I bought a BT VOYAGER 2500V with built in
>> > VOIP support and telephone socket

>> Good for you.
>>

>> > i presume this means no computer needs to be
>> > on just the router at all times

>> Correct
>>
>> > i presume if i use somepne like sipgate who support
>> > multiple voip companies i can have multiple lines
>> > phone numers incoming

>> Maybe.
>>
>> > i presume if i want to take full advantage multiple
>> > outgoing i need to buy separately somehting like
>> > a grandstream

>> A Grandstream what?
>>
>> > am i learning , trying hard here to get to grips
>> > with this technology

>> I know. Technology can be difficult. Generally one starts a sentence
>> with a capital letter and i by itself is usually a capital I. You will
>> find the shift keys on your keyboard will produce these characyers if
>> you hold one down whilst pressing the character you wish to capitalise.
>>
>> Full stops are customary at the end of sentences. On a UK keyboard the
>> full stop key is just left of the ?

>And once these skills are achieved, correct spelling is the next.

And spelling just does not matter providing one can tell what the
writer is on about, if doctors can get away with the numerous spelling
mistakes and abymal hand writing that they make I am sure someone
posting to a poxy news group can .

Desk Rabbit

Nick wrote:
> "Desk Rabbit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Homeworker wrote:
>>> da wonder of ebay
>>>
>>> I bought a BT VOYAGER 2500V with built in
>>> VOIP support and telephone socket

>> Good for you.
>>

>>> i presume this means no computer needs to be
>>> on just the router at all times

>> Correct
>>
>>> i presume if i use somepne like sipgate who support
>>> multiple voip companies i can have multiple lines
>>> phone numers incoming

>> Maybe.
>>
>>> i presume if i want to take full advantage multiple
>>> outgoing i need to buy separately somehting like
>>> a grandstream

>> A Grandstream what?
>>
>>> am i learning , trying hard here to get to grips
>>> with this technology

>> I know. Technology can be difficult. Generally one starts a sentence
>> with a capital letter and i by itself is usually a capital I. You will
>> find the shift keys on your keyboard will produce these characyers if
>> you hold one down whilst pressing the character you wish to capitalise.
>>
>> Full stops are customary at the end of sentences. On a UK keyboard the
>> full stop key is just left of the ?

> And once these skills are achieved, correct spelling is the next.

Oh bugger. I'll get me coat..........

Desk Rabbit

> On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:58:37 GMT, "Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> "Desk Rabbit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Good for you.

>>> Correct

>>> Maybe.

>>> A Grandstream what?

>>> I know. Technology can be difficult. Generally one starts a sentence
>>> with a capital letter and i by itself is usually a capital I. You will
>>> find the shift keys on your keyboard will produce these characyers if
>>> you hold one down whilst pressing the character you wish to capitalise.
>>>
>>> Full stops are customary at the end of sentences. On a UK keyboard the
>>> full stop key is just left of the ?

>> And once these skills are achieved, correct spelling is the next.
>>

> And spelling just does not matter providing one can tell what the
> writer is on about, if doctors can get away with the numerous spelling
> mistakes and abymal hand writing that they make I am sure someone
> posting to a poxy news group can .

Actually Nick was quite right and I totally disagree with you. I should
have taken more care. Just pure laziness on my part.

Grumpy

Desk Rabbit wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:58:37 GMT, "Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> "Desk Rabbit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> And once these skills are achieved, correct spelling is the next.
>>>

>> And spelling just does not matter providing one can tell what the
>> writer is on about, if doctors can get away with the numerous spelling
>> mistakes and abymal hand writing that they make I am sure someone
>> posting to a poxy news group can .

> Actually Nick was quite right and I totally disagree with you. I should
> have taken more care. Just pure laziness on my part.

Does someone have to meet a certain critereon in order to recieve help
from you? If so choose not to reply

Nick

"Desk Rabbit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nick wrote:
> > "Desk Rabbit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> Good for you.

> >> Correct

> >> Maybe.

> >> A Grandstream what?

> >> I know. Technology can be difficult. Generally one starts a sentence
> >> with a capital letter and i by itself is usually a capital I. You will
> >> find the shift keys on your keyboard will produce these characyers if
> >> you hold one down whilst pressing the character you wish to capitalise.
> >>
> >> Full stops are customary at the end of sentences. On a UK keyboard the
> >> full stop key is just left of the ?

> > And once these skills are achieved, correct spelling is the next.
> >

> Oh bugger. I'll get me coat..........

Maybe the schools teach in a different way these days. Come to think of
it, I recall a second cousin telling me of "Curly C (Cu) and Kicking K (Ku)"
and thinking, what the F'in hell is he on about.

Basic rules, like, "I" before "E", accept after "C" for example.
A pint of water weighs a pound and a quarter. (But who remembers
pounds and ounces?) Pints are OK, milk, beer, or that alternative
soft drink the youngsters rave about, lager.

Desk Rabbit, I'll join you for a swift half. (Gallon that is (4 pints)

Ivor Jones

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)

[snip]

: : And spelling just does not matter providing one can
: : tell what the writer is on about, if doctors can get
: : away with the numerous spelling mistakes and abymal
: : hand writing that they make I am sure someone posting
: : to a poxy news group can .

Pot, kettle........

Ivor