Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > checkbox remains unchecked..

checkbox remains unchecked..

=?Utf-8?B?SW50cyBWaWxrcw==?=

I wonder if anyone knows the solution to the following problem:
WinXP under the _wireless configuration_ tab does not save the state of the
_use windows to configure my wireless network connection_ checkbox. Initially
it was unchecked and when checked it stays until the next reboot.
Using secured wireless connection setting the laptop computer (IBM's R51)
does not recognize available networks until the checkbox is checked...

Malke

Ints Vilks wrote:

> I wonder if anyone knows the solution to the following problem:
> WinXP under the _wireless configuration_ tab does not save the state
> of the _use windows to configure my wireless network connection_
> checkbox. Initially it was unchecked and when checked it stays until
> the next reboot. Using secured wireless connection setting the laptop
> computer (IBM's R51) does not recognize available networks until the
> checkbox is checked...

You probably have to open IBM's wireless manager and tell it to allow
Windows to manage the wireless. The IBM manager is probably also
starting with Windows and taking over. Look in the program's
preferences.

Mlake
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

SSID remains Wireless Networking 1 01-06-2006 06:36 PM
NZXT Nemesis still remains on top as a great gaming case! Silverstrand Front Page News 0 10-21-2005 01:27 PM
width of column in DataGrid remains the same Chris ASP .Net 1 04-12-2004 10:47 PM
Re: Dataview filter remains filtered across users. vMike ASP .Net 1 08-26-2003 01:23 PM
Dataview filter remains filtered across users. vMike ASP .Net 1 08-26-2003 05:02 AM

Advertisments