Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Can I run an ASP.Net Web Server on WindowsNT SP6+

Can I run an ASP.Net Web Server on WindowsNT SP6+

Kevin Love

I work in a corporate environment. We are stuck
on NT4.0 (with latest service pack). I want to put
up an XML web service on my workstation. Noticed this
release note on Visual Studio .Net.

#####

Following are the operating system requirements for
working with Web Forms and XML Web services in Visual
Studio .NET 2003:

The Web server must be running Windows 2000, Windows XP,
or Windows Server 2003. Computers running Windows 95,
Windows 98, Windows Me, or Windows NT 4.0 are not
supported.

#######

What are my options?

Kevin

William F. Robertson, Jr.

Upgrade to a OS listed.

Or find a box...put windows 2000 on it and run the Web service out of
that...and don't tell the IS guys.

bill

news:09d201c33f0f$597fc170$(E-Mail Removed)...