Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Corrupted SD card

Corrupted SD card

Lee K

I have a 2 gig SD card, about a quarter filled, that crashed in my Canon S3.
When I put the card in a reader, the default Adobe Photo Downloader shows
all the photos, except the last two, just fine, but won't allow copying to
my hard disk. I can't read the card with Windows Explorer, or any of
several photo recovery shareware programs I've located via Google. Card
Recovery v4.10 may retrieve these files (it also displays them just like
APD), but I worry that it too won't be able to actually save the files and
I'll have wasted my money.

Has anyone any recommendations as to a shareware or inexpensive photo
recovery package? Thanks for your help.....

Allan

"Lee K" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:YoSjj.88270$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> I have a 2 gig SD card, about a quarter filled, that crashed in my Canon

S3.
> When I put the card in a reader, the default Adobe Photo Downloader shows
> all the photos, except the last two, just fine, but won't allow copying to
> my hard disk. I can't read the card with Windows Explorer, or any of
> several photo recovery shareware programs I've located via Google. Card
> Recovery v4.10 may retrieve these files (it also displays them just like
> APD), but I worry that it too won't be able to actually save the files and
> I'll have wasted my money.
>
> Has anyone any recommendations as to a shareware or inexpensive photo
> recovery package? Thanks for your help.....

Google this it's freeware
VAIOSoft Recovery Manager for Windows