Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Portland OR: Serious students needed: Creating MCSE study group

Portland OR: Serious students needed: Creating MCSE study group

John Bartley K7AAY

Putting together a non-smoking study group for the MCSE, to meet in my
basement 2-3 nights a week, 6:30PM or later, and want to share the
costs with two or three other students. I've taught PCs in adult ed
for six years, and know I learn better in a small study group than by
myself. Serious students needed.

Robert Williams [CertGuard]

I'm curious, why are you only looking for non-smokers? Are smokers not 'worthy'
of your time? Do you feel that a smoker wouldn't be able to contribute to your
little group? Do you not believe anything a smoker says or does? What gives?

"John Bartley K7AAY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Putting together a non-smoking study group for the MCSE, to meet in my
> basement 2-3 nights a week, 6:30PM or later, and want to share the
> costs with two or three other students. I've taught PCs in adult ed
> for six years, and know I learn better in a small study group than by
> myself. Serious students needed.

Bill Hileman

"Robert Williams [CertGuard]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm curious, why are you only looking for non-smokers? Are smokers not
> 'worthy' of your time? Do you feel that a smoker wouldn't be able to
> contribute to your little group? Do you not believe anything a smoker says
> or does? What gives?

It's a long time to expect someone to hold their breath.

Solution: hold the sessions OUTDOORS (duh)

CBIC

"Bill Hileman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Robert Williams [CertGuard]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I'm curious, why are you only looking for non-smokers? Are smokers not
>> 'worthy' of your time? Do you feel that a smoker wouldn't be able to
>> contribute to your little group? Do you not believe anything a smoker
>> says or does? What gives?

> It's a long time to expect someone to hold their breath.
>
> Solution: hold the sessions OUTDOORS (duh)

Man, I miss smoking sometimes. Like right now...
*takes a deep breath*
Now I remember why I quit

Briscobar

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> Man, I miss smoking sometimes. Like right now...
> *takes a deep breath*
> Now I remember why I quit

I quit smoking because it started interfering with the drinking.

CBIC

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "CBIC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Man, I miss smoking sometimes. Like right now...
>> *takes a deep breath*
>> Now I remember why I quit

> I quit smoking because it started interfering with the drinking.

That's a good reason. I quit smoking because it started interfering with the
breathing.

John Bartley K7AAY

On Jan 17, 12:56 pm, "Robert Williams [CertGuard]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm curious, why are you only looking for non-smokers? Are smokers not 'worthy'
> of your time? Do you feel that a smoker wouldn't be able to contribute to your
> little group? Do you not believe anything a smoker says or does? What gives?

Because my wife's a severe asthmatic, and has a bad reaction to
leftover smoke. We can both smell smoke on smokers, and dislike the
odour when they come into our house.

Why else buy a home and maintain it if we have to invite smelly people
inside? Ans: We don't.

catwalker63

John Bartley K7AAY <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaselessly in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Jan 17, 12:56 pm, "Robert Williams [CertGuard]"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I'm curious, why are you only looking for non-smokers? Are smokers
>> not 'worthy' of your time? Do you feel that a smoker wouldn't be able
>> to contribute to your little group? Do you not believe anything a
>> smoker says or does? What gives?

> Because my wife's a severe asthmatic, and has a bad reaction to
> leftover smoke. We can both smell smoke on smokers, and dislike the
> odour when they come into our house.
>
> Why else buy a home and maintain it if we have to invite smelly people
> inside? Ans: We don't.

Hmmmm . . . . This one's a little small. I'd throw 'im back if I were
you Rob

--
Catwalker
MCNGP #43

Robert Williams [CertGuard]

news:Xns9A2D633587938catwalker63athotmail@216.196. 97.136...
> John Bartley K7AAY <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaselessly in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> On Jan 17, 12:56 pm, "Robert Williams [CertGuard]"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> I'm curious, why are you only looking for non-smokers? Are smokers
>>> not 'worthy' of your time? Do you feel that a smoker wouldn't be able
>>> to contribute to your little group? Do you not believe anything a
>>> smoker says or does? What gives?

>> Because my wife's a severe asthmatic, and has a bad reaction to
>> leftover smoke. We can both smell smoke on smokers, and dislike the
>> odour when they come into our house.
>>
>> Why else buy a home and maintain it if we have to invite smelly people
>> inside? Ans: We don't.

> Hmmmm . . . . This one's a little small. I'd throw 'im back if I were
> you Rob
>
> --
> Catwalker
> MCNGP #43
> www.mcngp.com
> "Definitely not wearing any underwear."

Small asthmatic fish are no fun to eat.

John, for all the smokers in the world, I apologize. We would hate to cause you
or your family any problems. Please, until I can contact all my smoking
brethren, stay inside. I'll let you know when it's safe to come out.

--
C "Hiding the dried fruit and scented candles" G

CBIC

"Robert Williams [CertGuard]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OknU$(E-Mail Removed)...

> John, for all the smokers in the world, I apologize. We would hate to
> cause you or your family any problems. Please, until I can contact all my
> smoking brethren, stay inside. I'll let you know when it's safe to come
> out.

Why don't you just quit? I'm almost a year smoke free. Ah smell that fresh
air.

GNR8N - the place where students can BUY-SELL-TRADE-AUCTION almost anything to other students rickwhulme@googlemail.com Computer Support 0 06-10-2007 09:59 PM
Python user group in Portland, OR? bradallen Python 4 05-03-2007 01:54 PM
Compiling Python using the Portland Group compiler Konrad Hinsen Python 3 07-15-2006 05:45 AM
Portland. AM Cisco 1 03-22-2006 05:24 AM
Re: a serious question for a non-serious cause... henry DVD Video 1 11-08-2003 04:38 PM

Advertisments