Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Here's one for the hardened techies!

Here's one for the hardened techies!

▀odincus

Conundrum... here's what I have:

- Trixbox (Asterisk + FreePBX)
- Multiple outbound trunks
- SNOM 3xx phones

I'd like to enable the end user to choose which outbound trunk to use
when dialling, pressing one of the wonderfully user configurable buttons
on the right of the phone.

I'd like to avoid to adventure myself into multiple IDs on the phones,
as the Trixbox server is only one.
And please, no fiddling with * dialling plans of whatever.
Is there something nifty I can program into the phone keys to select the
outgoing trunk manually?

Did anybody do that before?

TA

--
▀°dincÁs▓░░░ - The Y2K Druid
----------------------------

alexd

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 16:32:09 +0000, ├čodincus wrote:

> I'd like to enable the end user to choose which outbound trunk to use
> when dialling, pressing one of the wonderfully user configurable buttons
> on the right of the phone.

How about 9, 8 and 7 for the respective trunks?

> I'd like to avoid to adventure myself into multiple IDs on the phones,
> as the Trixbox server is only one.
> And please, no fiddling with * dialling plans of whatever. Is there
> something nifty I can program into the phone keys to select the
> outgoing trunk manually?

Not without cooperation from the Asterisk server.

> Did anybody do that before?

Probably.

13:45:11 up 13 days, 4:10, 2 users, load average: 1.53, 1.41, 1.37
2x Broadband/IT/Telecoms support positions in Newcastle city centre.
For more info call 0191 229 8870 and ask for Steve. No agencies.

Phil Reynolds

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 13:47:31 +0000, alexd wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 16:32:09 +0000, ├čodincus wrote:
>
>> I'd like to enable the end user to choose which outbound trunk to use
>> when dialling, pressing one of the wonderfully user configurable buttons
>> on the right of the phone.

> How about 9, 8 and 7 for the respective trunks?

I actually use 9x to force a call over a particular provider, but send
unprefixed whichever way is cheapest (92 for BT, 98 for VoIPtalk, with a
few other specially reserved codes).

--
Phil Reynolds
mail: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (though I'd prefer followups on group)