Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > need help in reading jpeg

need help in reading jpeg

devnew@gmail.com

hi
i am a newbie to image processing and c .i would like to read a jpeg
image and collect the pixel values as an array.
(in python i can do it using image.getdata() )
can someone suggest an API or code that i can use?
i have a cygwin installation and i compile my c code using gcc.
if someone can help pls do
thanx in advance
dn

Richard Heathfield

> hi
> i am a newbie to image processing and c .i would like to read a jpeg
> image and collect the pixel values as an array.
> (in python i can do it using image.getdata() )
> can someone suggest an API or code that i can use?
> i have a cygwin installation and i compile my c code using gcc.

You may well find that libjpeg is already installed on your Cygwin
installation. Otherwise, well, it's easy enough to Google for. You may
find http://apodeline.free.fr/DOC/libjpeg/libjpeg.html to be useful, too.

Please bear in mind that questions about third-party libraries are
generally considered off-topic here; if you need further help, I suggest
asking in a group such as comp.os.linux.development.apps - where, at the
very least, they ought to be able to point you to the most appropriate
newsgroup.

Email: -http://www. +rjh@

Malcolm McLean

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> hi
> i am a newbie to image processing and c .i would like to read a jpeg
> image and collect the pixel values as an array.
> (in python i can do it using image.getdata() )
> can someone suggest an API or code that i can use?
> i have a cygwin installation and i compile my c code using gcc.
> if someone can help pls do
> thanx in advance
> dn

There's one in Basic Algorithms.
At the moment I haven't made it freely available, however.

--
Free games and programming goodies.
http://www.personal.leeds.ac.uk/~bgy1mm

devnew@gmail.com

> You may well find that libjpeg is already installed on your Cygwin
> installation. Otherwise, well, it's easy enough to Google for. You may
> find http://apodeline.free.fr/DOC/libjpeg/libjpeg.html to be useful, too.
>
> Please bear in mind that questions about third-party libraries are
> generally considered off-topic here; if you need further help, I suggest
> asking in a group such as comp.os.linux.development.apps - where, at the
> very least, they ought to be able to point you to the most appropriate
> newsgroup.

thanx !
also will check the other groups

dn