Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > imap special folders

imap special folders

soylentgreen

I have moved 3 of my email accounts from pop3 to imap, however I dont
understand about the store special folders on server. Currently I have the
radio button ticked for store special folders on imap server currently sent
and draft folder via go to tools/accounts/mail/properties/imap (outlook
express 6). I have read on the net that this shoud be ticked but also
unticked am bit confused can someone clarify.

Thank You

why?

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 07:14:01 GMT, "soylentgreen" <drm6112@=SPAMBLOCK=
blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>I have moved 3 of my email accounts from pop3 to imap, however I dont
>understand about the store special folders on server. Currently I have the
>radio button ticked for store special folders on imap server currently sent
>and draft folder via go to tools/accounts/mail/properties/imap (outlook

IMAP where after tools/accounts/mail/select the account /properties/
(for OE 6.00.2900)

Usually for IMAP you tick leave copy of messages on server. This way you
can access your email via IMAP from any location. At some point you
download the messages locally and remove them from the server to stop
the 30MB quota filling up.

>express 6). I have read on the net that this shoud be ticked but also
>unticked am bit confused can someone clarify.

Confused as well, at least you get the idea of your issue.

Try your ISPs email newsgroup
http://www.virginmedia.com/customers...s/listings.php
virginmedia.discussion.e-mail

A place to talk about e-mail. Posts can include those about e-mail
service, about others' services, about what software you choose to use,
webmail, anti spam and anti virus technologies and any other e-mail
related matters.

Me