Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > ASUS PCI card and Linksys Router - incompatable???

ASUS PCI card and Linksys Router - incompatable???

j05h

I have the exact same problem with this same card. The speed is less
than 1K/sec. I tried it in another computer and it works fine. On the
computer that it doesn't work on I tried three different OSs; OSX,
Linux, and XP. The speed was the same in all of them. I moved the
router inches from the computer and it was still slow. I tried 3
different routers.

So this is obviously a hardware problem. But the computer is working
fine otherwise. I can't figure out why this card won't work on this
one computer.

Does anyone have any ideas?