Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > can not turn off rss feeds in outlook 2007

can not turn off rss feeds in outlook 2007

example@example.com

First of all let me be clear I thought I got rid of the Microsoft at
Home and Microsoft at Work rss feeds but I guess I didn't.

Running Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2.

However, I *did* remove the rss feed subfolders from under the main
RSS Feeds folder in Outlook.

The problem is now I keep getting new rss feed messages in the main
RSS Feeds folder (I can tell because the number of unread messages is
shown, currently [4]) but I can't delete them or read them because
there aren't any subfolders to open. So I see messages are there but
there is no way to get to them.

This annoys me.

Is there a way to either get back to the default settings or just get
rid of this RSS stuff from Outlook?

I'd rather use an external RSS feed reader.

Thanks.

CB