Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to create a control (.NET 2.0)

How to create a control (.NET 2.0)

M. Ali Qureshi

Hi Experts,

I'm a beginner/intermediat in ASP.NET. I have created a small photo gallery
to use in my own personal site. Which i think is quite simple and nice
enough that i would like to share it online.

I would like to share it in form of a control (DLL), where user should be
able to set some properties (e.g. root folder, columns etc etc..). But.... i
have never made a DLL control, and i would like to know if there is some
guide i could read which tells the basics of creating own dll controls?

Thanks for help.

Regards

grava

> have never made a DLL control, and i would like to know if there is some
> guide i could read which tells the basics of creating own dll controls?
>
> Thanks for help.
>
> Regards

Well try to start with this:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336658.aspx

--
Gianluca Gravina
http://blogs.ugidotnet.org/thinkingingrava

I have a number of articles on my site outlining various techniques for
creating redistributable custom controls.
Here are a few you may find useful for starters:
http://SteveOrr.net/faq/UserCustom.aspx
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/InheritAndExtend.aspx
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/BarGraphs.aspx
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ClientSideSuite.aspx