Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java Spell Checker for Netbeans IDE

Java Spell Checker for Netbeans IDE

Ganapathi sundaram

Dear All,

How to check the spell on Netbeans IDE..?

is there any Plugin or Library or an API available for spell
checking..?

Please provide me any suggestion on this.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards,
Ganapathi sundaram.G

David Segall

Ganapathi sundaram <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>How to check the spell on Netbeans IDE..?
>
>is there any Plugin or Library or an API available for spell
>checking..?
>
>Please provide me any suggestion on this.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Thanks and Regards,
>Ganapathi sundaram.G

<http://plugins.netbeans.org/PluginPortal/faces/PluginDetailPage.jsp?pluginid=3906>

Lew

David Segall wrote:
> Ganapathi sundaram <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> How to check the spell on Netbeans IDE..?
>>
>> is there any Plugin or Library or an API available for spell
>> checking..?
>>
>> Please provide me any suggestion on this.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Ganapathi sundaram.G

> <http://plugins.netbeans.org/PluginPortal/faces/PluginDetailPage.jsp?pluginid=3906>

What kind of spell-checking is appropriate for source code?

--
Lew

David Segall

David Segall <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Ganapathi sundaram <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Dear All,
>>
>>How to check the spell on Netbeans IDE..?
>>
>>is there any Plugin or Library or an API available for spell
>>checking..?
>>
>>Please provide me any suggestion on this.
>>
>>Thanks in advance.
>>
>>Thanks and Regards,
>>Ganapathi sundaram.G

><http://plugins.netbeans.org/PluginPortal/faces/PluginDetailPage.jsp?pluginid=3906>

Your post reminded me I needed a spell checker so I installed it.
Unfortunately it is too clever. Instead of providing a menu item to
spell check selected text it believes it understands the portions of
your code that need checking. It's great for checking comments but I
wanted it for checking the strings I output as error messages.

Lew

David Segall wrote:
> Your post reminded me I needed a spell checker so I installed it.
> Unfortunately it is too clever. Instead of providing a menu item to
> spell check selected text it believes it understands the portions of
> your code that need checking. It's great for checking comments but I
> wanted it for checking the strings I output as error messages.

Externalize your messages and spell-check the resource files with a standalone
tool.

--
Lew

Eric Sosman

Lew wrote:
> David Segall wrote:
>> Ganapathi sundaram <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> How to check the spell on Netbeans IDE..?
>>>
>>> is there any Plugin or Library or an API available for spell
>>> checking..?
>>>
>>> Please provide me any suggestion on this.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Thanks and Regards,
>>> Ganapathi sundaram.G

>> <http://plugins.netbeans.org/PluginPortal/faces/PluginDetailPage.jsp?pluginid=3906>
>>

> What kind of spell-checking is appropriate for source code?

Have you red the Javadock laetly?

Andrew Thompson

On Jan 17, 3:37*am, Eric Sosman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Lew wrote:
> > David Segall wrote:

> >> <http://plugins.netbeans.org/PluginPortal/faces/PluginDetailPage.jsp?p....>

> > What kind of spell-checking is appropriate for source code?

> * * *Have you red the Javadock laetly?

Eye Haight spell chequers.

--
Andrew T.

Roedy Green

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 04:47:22 -0800 (PST), Ganapathi sundaram
someone who said :

>How to check the spell on Netbeans IDE..?

If there is nothing built in, you can add spell checking to your own
Java App.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/spellchecker.html
--
Roedy Green, Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary, http://mindprod.com

Lew

Eric Sosman wrote:
> Have you red the Javadock laetly?

Most spell checkers would choke on "Javadoc". In fact, the one for my
newsreader flags it as a misspelling.

Then there's this:

/** Pick up the latest prices from the stock ticker.
* @param stockTicker <code>StockTicker</code> from which to get prices.
* @return Map &lt; TickerSymbol, BigDecimal &gt; map of TickerSymbol prices.
* @throws IOException if there is a problem.
*/

Many, many of those words are flagged as misspellings, e.g., "param",
"stockTicker", "BigDecimal", "&lt;", "IOException".

--
Lew

Joshua Cranmer

Lew wrote:
> What kind of spell-checking is appropriate for source code?

Vim is, if set up properly, capable of spell checking documentation
comments while ignoring stuff that should be spelled incorrectly. For
example:

/** This is a test documentation string.
* This word is spelled incorrectly: param.
* So is {@link util.OptionClass}.
* @param asdf just a test.
*/

The only word labeled as misspelled is the first `param': the correct
usage of the @param tag and @link mean that the param, asdf, util, and
OptionClass are ignored during the spell check. Other comments are also
spell checked as well.

tried it. -- Donald E. Knuth

Python IDE like NetBeans/Delphi IDE fowlertrainer@anonym.hu Python 5 04-06-2005 05:56 AM
Building a GUI using NetBeans platform (not Netbeans IDE !) Pimousse Java 2 04-21-2004 07:22 AM
Spell Checker Charles Firefox 1 09-21-2003 11:22 PM
Re: Spell Checker rifleman Firefox 0 07-17-2003 07:22 AM
Re: Spell Checker rifleman Firefox 0 07-16-2003 02:15 PM

Advertisments