Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > iTunes now Vista x64 compatible

iTunes now Vista x64 compatible

Barb Bowman

Theo

Something a bit different when one clicks on the link below.
If you're in 32-bit Windows you are presented a link for
the 32-bit iTunes, iTunesSetup.exe. If you're in 64-bit
Windows you get a link for the 64-bit iTunes, iTunes64Setup.exe.

Barb Bowman wrote:
> http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP

Peter Auerbacher

Does it work with Windows 2003 X64?

Theo schrieb:
> Something a bit different when one clicks on the link below. If you're
> in 32-bit Windows you are presented a link for the 32-bit iTunes,
> iTunesSetup.exe. If you're in 64-bit Windows you get a link for the
> 64-bit iTunes, iTunes64Setup.exe.
>

> Barb Bowman wrote:
>> http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
>> --
>>
>> Barb Bowman
>> MS Windows-MVP

Peter Auerbacher

i tried it but it only works with Vista 64 how can i download 32bit
version it automatically loads 64bit ...

regards

Peter

Peter Auerbacher schrieb:
> Does it work with Windows 2003 X64?
>
> Theo schrieb:
>> Something a bit different when one clicks on the link below. If
>> you're in 32-bit Windows you are presented a link for the 32-bit
>> iTunes, iTunesSetup.exe. If you're in 64-bit Windows you get a link
>> for the 64-bit iTunes, iTunes64Setup.exe.
>>

>> Barb Bowman wrote:
>>> http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
>>> --
>>>
>>> Barb Bowman
>>> MS Windows-MVP
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
>>> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/

Theo

Apparently you have to be in 32-bit Windows to be directed
to the link for the 32-bit. That's what I described below.

Peter Auerbacher wrote:
> i tried it but it only works with Vista 64 how can i download 32bit
> version it automatically loads 64bit ...
>
> regards
>
> Peter
>
> Peter Auerbacher schrieb:
>> Does it work with Windows 2003 X64?
>>
>> Theo schrieb:
>>> Something a bit different when one clicks on the link below. If
>>> you're in 32-bit Windows you are presented a link for the 32-bit
>>> iTunes, iTunesSetup.exe. If you're in 64-bit Windows you get a link
>>> for the 64-bit iTunes, iTunes64Setup.exe.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Thanks, Barb. About time.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"Barb Bowman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP

Charlie Russel - MVP

Correct. You'll see the version for the OS you're currently running.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"Theo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Apparently you have to be in 32-bit Windows to be directed to the link for
> the 32-bit. That's what I described below.
>

> Peter Auerbacher wrote:
>> i tried it but it only works with Vista 64 how can i download 32bit
>> version it automatically loads 64bit ...
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> Peter Auerbacher schrieb:
>>> Does it work with Windows 2003 X64?

Peter Auerbacher

but i wanted to download it from a Windows 2003 R2 32bit and it also
downloaded the 64bit version ...

Charlie Russel - MVP schrieb:
> Correct. You'll see the version for the OS you're currently running.

Theo

See if you can get it with this URL:
http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....TunesSetup.exe

Peter Auerbacher wrote:
> but i wanted to download it from a Windows 2003 R2 32bit and it also
> downloaded the 64bit version ...
>

> Charlie Russel - MVP schrieb:
>> Correct. You'll see the version for the OS you're currently running.

Peter Auerbacher

thx worked