Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Phish-spotting

Phish-spotting

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Received a phishing e-mail warning about an account suspension on World of
Warcraft (whatever will the phishers target next?). On closer examination,
I noticed that the URL in the link was to "worfd [sic] of warcraft".

Some people think that spotting typos makes you anal. Yet it can be quite
useful, don't you think.

ChrisOD

On 2008-01-16, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote:
> Received a phishing e-mail warning about an account suspension on World of
> Warcraft (whatever will the phishers target next?). On closer examination,
> I noticed that the URL in the link was to "worfd [sic] of warcraft".
>
> Some people think that spotting typos makes you anal. Yet it can be quite
> useful, don't you think.

Whereas I just think that players of warcrack are lifeless lamers.

If you have to be addicted to something then heroin is probably more fun.