Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > pdf toolkit

pdf toolkit

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a robust, scalable native .net PDF toolkit library
capable of performing functions like merging, stamping, form data merging,
web browser rendering etc.? I know a few COM libraries exist, but I am
looking for something that is a native .net component. We are currently
using a com dll with a .net wrapper, but that is causing intermittent errors
and issues when load increases.

Thanks

George Ter-Saakov

The best is iTextSharp itextsharp.sourceforge.net
It's a port from Java version of iText and there are a lot of examples on C#
and Java

George.
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone recommend a robust, scalable native .net PDF toolkit library
> capable of performing functions like merging, stamping, form data merging,
> web browser rendering etc.? I know a few COM libraries exist, but I am
> looking for something that is a native .net component. We are currently
> using a com dll with a .net wrapper, but that is causing intermittent
> errors and issues when load increases.
>
> Thanks

Mark Rae [MVP]

"George Ter-Saakov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%235NI%(E-Mail Removed)...

> The best is iTextSharp itextsharp.sourceforge.net

I disagree...

IMO, the best is: http://www.siberix.com/ though it isn't free...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

George Ter-Saakov

Ok, I meant out of free ones.
I have not evaluated the siberix. But the iTextSharp did everything I needed
and I can not imagine anything else I would need out of PDF library that
iTextSharp does not have.

1. iTextSharp has complete source. so you can easily modify/adapt to your
needs.
2. The way it's written I can tell it's a mature product with a lot of
functionality and most likely you will not need to modify/adapt it

George.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "George Ter-Saakov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%235NI%(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> The best is iTextSharp itextsharp.sourceforge.net

> I disagree...
>
> IMO, the best is: http://www.siberix.com/ though it isn't free...
>

> --
> Mark Rae
> ASP.NET MVP
> http://www.markrae.net

I dont mind paying as long as it is robust and scalable.

Thanks!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "George Ter-Saakov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%235NI%(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> The best is iTextSharp itextsharp.sourceforge.net

> I disagree...
>
> IMO, the best is: http://www.siberix.com/ though it isn't free...
>

> --
> Mark Rae
> ASP.NET MVP
> http://www.markrae.net

If price were not an issue, which would be the best one?

"George Ter-Saakov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ok, I meant out of free ones.
> I have not evaluated the siberix. But the iTextSharp did everything I
> needed and I can not imagine anything else I would need out of PDF library
> that iTextSharp does not have.
>
> 1. iTextSharp has complete source. so you can easily modify/adapt to your
> needs.
> 2. The way it's written I can tell it's a mature product with a lot of
> functionality and most likely you will not need to modify/adapt it
>
> George.
>
> "Mark Rae [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "George Ter-Saakov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%235NI%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>> The best is iTextSharp itextsharp.sourceforge.net

>> I disagree...
>>
>> IMO, the best is: http://www.siberix.com/ though it isn't free...
>>

>> --
>> Mark Rae
>> ASP.NET MVP
>> http://www.markrae.net

Mark Rae [MVP]

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> If price were not an issue, which would be the best one?

Siberix, IMO.

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

George Ter-Saakov

There is a saying... "The shortest road is the one you know".

Pretty much same goes for best third party software.
For me it would be iTextSharp but only just because I have written working
project with it....

George.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> If price were not an issue, which would be the best one?
>

> "George Ter-Saakov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Ok, I meant out of free ones.
>> I have not evaluated the siberix. But the iTextSharp did everything I
>> needed and I can not imagine anything else I would need out of PDF
>> library that iTextSharp does not have.
>>
>> 1. iTextSharp has complete source. so you can easily modify/adapt to your
>> needs.
>> 2. The way it's written I can tell it's a mature product with a lot of
>> functionality and most likely you will not need to modify/adapt it
>>
>> George.
>>
>> "Mark Rae [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> "George Ter-Saakov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:%235NI%(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> I disagree...
>>>
>>> IMO, the best is: http://www.siberix.com/ though it isn't free...
>>>

>>> --
>>> Mark Rae
>>> ASP.NET MVP
>>> http://www.markrae.net

Mark Rae [MVP]

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> The best is iTextSharp itextsharp.sourceforge.net

>> I disagree...
>>
>> IMO, the best is: http://www.siberix.com/ though it isn't free...

> I don't mind paying as long as it is robust and scalable.

It is.

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

Scott Roberts

I'll have to admit that I haven't tried anything too advanced, but we use
ABCpdf from webSupergoo and it's pretty nice.

http://www.abcpdf.com/