Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Help: Cannot open or create any web applicatoin!

Help: Cannot open or create any web applicatoin!

CM

Hi there:
I have a web project which can be open and run without problem. I didn't
open the web application for a period and during which I didn't modified any
IIS items, but now I cannot open any web project even cannot create a new
one. The message for create a new web project is:
----------------------
The default web access mode for this project is set to file share, but the
project folder at "http://locahost/WebApplication1"cannot be opened with the
path 'd:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication1'. The error returned was:
Unable to create Web project 'WebApplication1'/ The file path
'd:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication1' does not correspond to the URL
http://locahost/WebApplication1. The two need to map to the same server
location. HTTP Error 500: Server Error
What would you like to do?
Retry using a different file share path
Try to open the project eith FrontPage Server Extensions
--------------------
I tried everything, but non is working.
Please help!
Thanks!
CM

Terry Orzechowski

Did you try deleting all webs through iis and then adding
back your web? That has worked for me before.

CM

Thanks for reply.
What do you mean deleting "all" webs? I just deleted the virtual directory
of the web project. but this did not help. Do you think this is not enough?
How to delete "all" webs? Will this has any impact on other function?

CM

news:158701c33d89$c41db140$(E-Mail Removed)...