Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Saving a file to the response stream instead of disk

Saving a file to the response stream instead of disk

DC

Hi,

I am currently dealing with a html to pdf converter (http://
www.coolutils.com/TotalHTMLConverter) and this tool takes a url and a
destination file and converts alright. But I want to stream the data
directly to the response stream, kind of like this tool allows to do:
http://www.html-to-pdf.net/Support.aspx#csharp

Since the TotalHTMLConverter has already been bought by my employer, I
need good reason to buy an additional tool. So I was wondering if
somebody knows a workaround.

The tool only accepts a path, so I need to use a path like "ramdisk:\
\temp123.pdf", stream out the file and discard the ramdisk. I just
don't know if this or a simliar approach is at all feasible in ASP.Net
20.

TIA for any idea!
Regards
DC