Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Microprocessor

Microprocessor

Satbir

Hi can any help me with the starting of micrprocessor using Vhdl. Can
anyone provide me with the flowchart of making a microprocessor
(specifically 4-bit). The modules which are required to make a
microprocessor.

Jatin Bhateja

On Jan 15, 8:40*pm, Satbir <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi can any help me with the starting of micrprocessor using Vhdl. Can
> anyone provide me with the flowchart of making a microprocessor
> (specifically 4-bit). The modules which are required to make a
> microprocessor.

Desig a 4-bit ALU which supports addition , compliment , shift logic.
Now make since initially you are supporting only 3 operations thus
opcode will
have 2 bit and each operands will be 4 bit long.

Hence you instruction will be of 10 bits , 2 bits opcode and 8 bits
for operands.

Thus you have an ALU which perform the operations on 4 bit data and a
control logic
which decodes the instructions.

This way you can support more complex operations

-Jatin

Symon

"Satbir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi can any help me with the starting of micrprocessor using Vhdl. Can
> anyone provide me with the flowchart of making a microprocessor
> (specifically 4-bit). The modules which are required to make a
> microprocessor.

Copy, sorry, I mean be inspired by, one of these?

http://www.opencores.org/browse.cgi/...microprocessor

HTH., Syms.

ghelbig@lycos.com

On Jan 15, 7:40 am, Satbir <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi can any help me with the starting of micrprocessor using Vhdl. Can
> anyone provide me with the flowchart of making a microprocessor
> (specifically 4-bit). The modules which are required to make a
> microprocessor.

Here's one place to start:
<http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Logic-...esign-VHDL/dp/
0534465935>