Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Downgrading target framework - 3.5 to 2.0

Downgrading target framework - 3.5 to 2.0

John

Hi there,

I've started off a new web site project in VS 2008 and inadvertently left
the target framework as 3.5, when I really meant to base it 2.0.

I've looked at the project properties page and changed the Build / Target
Framework to 2.0 but I notice that References (also in web.config) still
have 3.5 references such as LINQ.

Can you change a project target framework half way through or can it only be
set at the beginning (note - none of the code behind uses 3.5 namespaces)?

Thanks in advance.

John

Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]

Just remove the references and using statements. For references, expand the
References node in Solution Explorer, highlight the offender, hit the DEL key.
-- Peter
Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com

"John" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I've started off a new web site project in VS 2008 and inadvertently left
> the target framework as 3.5, when I really meant to base it 2.0.
>
> I've looked at the project properties page and changed the Build / Target
> Framework to 2.0 but I notice that References (also in web.config) still
> have 3.5 references such as LINQ.
>
> Can you change a project target framework half way through or can it only be
> set at the beginning (note - none of the code behind uses 3.5 namespaces)?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> John

John

Great. Thanks very much Peter.