Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > IIS Remote programming problem

IIS Remote programming problem

gilberto ramirez

I want to create an ASP application in the following way:

PC1 - Windows XP (SP1) with VS .NET (and everything
needed) - im programming with C# .NET

SRV1 - ISA SERVER - Windows 2000 (SP3)
SRV2 - in a virtual server called xxAP.xxx.xxx.com
it has:
- Windows 2000 (SP3)
- FPSE ver 2002 (correctly configured)
- IE 6.0 (sp1)

when i try to create a new web app on the SRV2 (remote
server) i can by using FP extensions 2002 succesfully.

but the problem starts when i try to compile and browse
my curren aspx form, Default.aspx, the only things i
added where: a label and a textBox, but it simply shows
this msg:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error
An application error occurred on the server. The current
custom error settings for this application prevent the
details of the application error from being viewed
remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be
viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.
enable the details of this specific error message to be
viewable on remote machines, please create a
<customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration
file located in the root directory of the current web
application. This <customErrors> tag should then have
its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be
replaced by a custom error page by modifying
the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's
<customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom
error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"
defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

i guess it is because the aspx is running on a remote IIS
5.0, how can i solve this problem?
so i can create a site in SRV2 using my XP client with
VS .NET?

Chance Hopkins

Do this and post back the error message:

This <customErrors> tag should then have
> its "mode" attribute set to "Off".
>

> <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->
>
> <configuration>
> <system.web>
> <customErrors mode="Off"/>
> </system.web>
> </configuration>

gilberto ramirez

i managed to solve it, it took a while but it seems
that it is working now
if anyone else has this problem you can solve it in this
way:
follow the instructions in
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-
US;312779

and get sure IIS and FPSE are correctly installed, i
found after a lot of research that my FPSE where indeed
misconfigured.