Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > List of Bt "porting" voip providers

List of Bt "porting" voip providers

Homeworker

Im looking to port in a couple of Bt numbers to a voip
company ..is pretty muddy waters but so far it sems
gradweel do it for 20 per number + monthly line fee

Anybody got a list of comapnies that can do BT porting
for me to compare?

PAUL

--
http://www.gradwell.com/voip/pricing/
http://www.sipgate.co.uk/user/tarife.php?show=2

BC

Homeworker wrote:
> Im looking to port in a couple of Bt numbers to a voip
> company ..is pretty muddy waters but so far it sems
> gradweel do it for 20 per number + monthly line fee
>
> Anybody got a list of comapnies that can do BT porting
> for me to compare?
>

> PAUL

voip.co.uk will, at no cost.

Jono

BC wrote :
> Homeworker wrote:
>> Im looking to port in a couple of Bt numbers to a voip
>> company ..is pretty muddy waters but so far it sems
>> gradweel do it for 20 per number + monthly line fee
>>
>> Anybody got a list of comapnies that can do BT porting
>> for me to compare?
>>

>> PAUL
>>

> voip.co.uk will, at no cost.

Also, Voipfone will port for a nominal fee.

(I thought voip.co.uk also charged....)

Chris Hills

Homeworker wrote:
> Im looking to port in a couple of Bt numbers to a voip
> company ..is pretty muddy waters but so far it sems
> gradweel do it for 20 per number + monthly line fee
>
> Anybody got a list of comapnies that can do BT porting
> for me to compare?

Whilst on the subject of porting, are there any voip providers that will
let you port a mobile number to them?

R. Mark Clayton

Do any of these NOT have a minimum call fee?

news:1vVij.53$(E-Mail Removed)...

Jono wrote:

> Also, Voipfone will port for a nominal fee.
>
> (I thought voip.co.uk also charged....)

No there is no fee. They charge 5 if you want to add a number as
outgoing caller ID to your account; this is where the number remains
with another provider such as BT or VM.

Brian A

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 18:51:12 GMT, BC
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Jono wrote:
>

>> Also, Voipfone will port for a nominal fee.
>>
>> (I thought voip.co.uk also charged....)
>>

>No there is no fee. They charge 5 if you want to add a number as
>outgoing caller ID to your account;

Is this per number of per form submitted with list of numbers?

---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
---

BC

Brian A wrote:

>> No there is no fee. They charge 5 if you want to add a number as
>> outgoing caller ID to your account;

> Is this per number of per form submitted with list of numbers?
>
> ---
> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
> ---

Per number I believe.

However, if you do port a number in then there is no charge to use that
number as your outgoing caller ID.

Homeworker

Thnaks for info but it seems like voip.co.uk has abysmal
website with very little inof and no details of charges and actively
dont suppoort residential customers at moment

"BC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BUYij.77565$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...
> Homeworker wrote:
>> Im looking to port in a couple of Bt numbers to a voip
>> company ..is pretty muddy waters but so far it sems
>> gradweel do it for 20 per number + monthly line fee
>>
>> Anybody got a list of comapnies that can do BT porting
>> for me to compare?
>>

>> PAUL
>>

> voip.co.uk will, at no cost.

Stephen

Just for the record, aql charge 12 plus VAT to port. One advantage is
any VoIP number can be converted to a fax number (with the virtual fax
service), and that includes ported numbers.

Regards
Stephen