Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > TIFF Files

TIFF Files

Ken

Are there any good code examples to display TIFF images from a SQL Server
2000 database on a web page? I have been searching the web and various
newsgroups and have come up with very little.

Thanks,
Ken

Kevin Spencer

You would have to convert them on the fly to GIF or JPG in order to be able
to view them in most browsers.

HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
Internet Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Big things are made up of
lots of Little things.

"Ken" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are there any good code examples to display TIFF images from a SQL Server
> 2000 database on a web page? I have been searching the web and various
> newsgroups and have come up with very little.
>
> Thanks,
> Ken

Michael Pearson

Try http://www.sqlteam.com
I belive there is an article there about IMAGE datatypes.

You could also post in the forum, but most folks will tell you it's bad
practice to store images in the database. You should stored the files on
disk, and store the PATH to teh files in the database.

Micahel

"Ken" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are there any good code examples to display TIFF images from a SQL Server
> 2000 database on a web page? I have been searching the web and various
> newsgroups and have come up with very little.
>
> Thanks,
> Ken

---