Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon D3, A Sports Shooter's Dream Come True!

Nikon D3, A Sports Shooter's Dream Come True!

Rita Berkowitz

At an event I felt a bit intimidated and out of place with my black Nikkor
floating around in a sea of white lenses. Fortunately for me a professional
sports photographer noticed my anxiety and offered to help. He changed a
few settings on the D3 and showed me how to gain access to an extended menu
system, probably some type of service menu. He blasted off about 30 shots
and WOW! Then it was my turn. The D3 now seems to have an added level of
performance I was missing out on before. The focus is much more responsive
and deadly sharp. The Formidable 500 gets a gold star!

<http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/sports_shooter.htm>

Rita

PixelPix

On Jan 15, 10:14*am, "Rita Berkowitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> At an event I felt a bit intimidated and out of place with my black Nikkor
> floating around in a sea of white lenses. *Fortunately for me a professional
> sports photographer noticed my anxiety and offered to help. *He changed a
> few settings on the D3 and showed me how to gain access to an extended menu
> system, probably some type of service menu. *He blasted off about 30 shots
> and WOW! *Then it was my turn. *The D3 now seems to have an added level of
> performance I was missing out on before. The focus is much more responsive
> and deadly sharp. *The Formidable 500 gets a gold star!
>
> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/sports_shooter.htm>
>
> Rita

Father McKenzie

Rita Berkowitz wrote:
> At an event I felt a bit intimidated and out of place with my black Nikkor
> floating around in a sea of white lenses. Fortunately for me a
> professional
> sports photographer noticed my anxiety and offered to help. He changed a
> few settings on the D3 and showed me how to gain access to an extended menu
> system, probably some type of service menu. He blasted off about 30 shots
> and WOW! Then it was my turn. The D3 now seems to have an added level of
> performance I was missing out on before. The focus is much more responsive
> and deadly sharp. The Formidable 500 gets a gold star!
>
> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/sports_shooter.htm>

Is this a serious post?

--
Father Mac

I am not a photographer I am just someone who enjoys taking photos.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/silvermoon/

Colin_D

Rita Berkowitz wrote:
> At an event I felt a bit intimidated and out of place with my black Nikkor
> floating around in a sea of white lenses. Fortunately for me a
> professional
> sports photographer noticed my anxiety and offered to help. He changed a
> few settings on the D3 and showed me how to gain access to an extended menu
> system, probably some type of service menu. He blasted off about 30 shots
> and WOW! Then it was my turn. The D3 now seems to have an added level of
> performance I was missing out on before. The focus is much more responsive
> and deadly sharp. The Formidable 500 gets a gold star!
>
> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/sports_shooter.htm>
>

> Rita

I sincerely hope you don't drive when you're like this!!!

Colin D.

tony cooper

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 12:18:18 +1100, Father McKenzie
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Rita Berkowitz wrote:
>> At an event I felt a bit intimidated and out of place with my black Nikkor
>> floating around in a sea of white lenses. Fortunately for me a
>> professional
>> sports photographer noticed my anxiety and offered to help. He changed a
>> few settings on the D3 and showed me how to gain access to an extended menu
>> system, probably some type of service menu. He blasted off about 30 shots
>> and WOW! Then it was my turn. The D3 now seems to have an added level of
>> performance I was missing out on before. The focus is much more responsive
>> and deadly sharp. The Formidable 500 gets a gold star!
>>
>> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/sports_shooter.htm>
>>

>Is this a serious post?

I'm sure it is. A serious poke in the eye to her critics.

Doesn't anyone in this group except Rita have a sense of humor?

--

Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Charles

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 19:14:17 -0500, "Rita Berkowitz"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>At an event I felt a bit intimidated and out of place with my black Nikkor
>floating around in a sea of white lenses. Fortunately for me a professional
>sports photographer noticed my anxiety and offered to help. He changed a
>few settings on the D3 and showed me how to gain access to an extended menu
>system, probably some type of service menu. He blasted off about 30 shots
>and WOW! Then it was my turn. The D3 now seems to have an added level of
>performance I was missing out on before. The focus is much more responsive
>and deadly sharp. The Formidable 500 gets a gold star!
>
><http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/sports_shooter.htm>
>

>Rita

why not just fix the lens?

http://www.globalindustrial.com/gcs/...GroupKey=92020

Rita Berkowitz

PixelPix wrote:

>> At an event I felt a bit intimidated and out of place with my black
>> Nikkor floating around in a sea of white lenses. Fortunately for me
>> a professional sports photographer noticed my anxiety and offered to
>> help. He changed a few settings on the D3 and showed me how to gain
>> access to an extended menu system, probably some type of service
>> menu. He blasted off about 30 shots and WOW! Then it was my turn.
>> The D3 now seems to have an added level of performance I was missing
>> out on before. The focus is much more responsive and deadly sharp.
>> The Formidable 500 gets a gold star!
>>
>> http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk200...ts_shooter.htm

At least I got the exposure almost right! All I need now is for Mark to
give me a color count and show me them spider pics again and my night will
be complete.

Rita

Rita Berkowitz

tony cooper wrote:

>> Is this a serious post?

> I'm sure it is. A serious poke in the eye to her critics.
>
> Doesn't anyone in this group except Rita have a sense of humor?

You noticed that too?

Rita

PixelPix

On Jan 15, 12:39*pm, tony cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 12:18:18 +1100, Father McKenzie
>

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Rita Berkowitz wrote:
> >> At an event I felt a bit intimidated and out of place with my black Nikkor
> >> floating around in a sea of white lenses. *Fortunately for me a
> >> professional
> >> sports photographer noticed my anxiety and offered to help. *He changed a
> >> few settings on the D3 and showed me how to gain access to an extended menu
> >> system, probably some type of service menu. *He blasted off about 30 shots
> >> and WOW! *Then it was my turn. *The D3 now seems to have an added level of
> >> performance I was missing out on before. The focus is much more responsive
> >> and deadly sharp. *The Formidable 500 gets a gold star!

> >> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/sports_shooter.htm>

> >Is this a serious post?

> I'm sure it is. *A serious poke in the eye to her critics.
>
> Doesn't anyone in this group except Rita have a sense of humor?
>
> --
>
> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Yes we have a sense of humor, but even Abbott and Costello, the Three
Stoogers, Seinfeld, Benny Hill, Eddie Murphy etc.... get tiresome by
the 10th rerun. Unfortunately Rita's Nikon/Canon ****ing match is in
it's 1000+ rerun and there is simply no more humor to be found with
it. Sure if this was a "once every now and then" kinda joke we would
all have a giggle, but Rita has the runs on the board as a Nikon troll
and subjects these groups to this tiresome crap day after day after
day after day after day after... well, you get the idea.

Annika1980

On Jan 14, 9:39*pm, tony cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Doesn't anyone in this group except Rita have a sense of humor?

Where is the humor in posting crappy pic after crappy pic?
Who is Rita trying to become .... D-Mac?