Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > XP pro x64 crashing constantly

XP pro x64 crashing constantly

NYTELTECH

I'm hoping that someone out there will be able to help with this issue:

About a year and a half ago, I decided to build a PC. I thought I would go
with the newest and best hardware I could find (in my mind). Long story
short about hardware is that I got an A-bit AW8D motherboard, 64 bit Intel
LGA 775 Processor 3.73Ghz, and 2Gb Corsair memory. I have an older Cd-rom
drive that came off of my old system - a samsung combo drive, the traditional
floppy drive. I have 2 HDD's - one is 250GB, which I use for storage of the
things I can't live without (kids' pictures, videos, music collection), you
get the point -- This HDD is just storage. My OS resides on a 500Gb HDD, and
it started crashing constantly after several months with no problems. I
reloaded XP pro x64 build 3190 and my problems went away for another several
months (after losing a few pictures and about 100Gb of music and movies). I
learned my lesson, so I read up on restore points and creating backups of my
system. I have performed countless restores now, but my restart, and errors
(BSOD) issues keep getting worse each time. I'm not sure what other
information I need to post, excetpt that I am getting stop errors for
anything IRQ -- I thought this was no longer an issue? Also for CD-rom --
Bad block, but I have no disk in drive. Kernel mode exceptions, Page faults,
and Device driver errors to name a few. I have looked up all info for
drivers, and I am up to date with all of them, as well as BIOS. Please, any
suggestions would help. I'm about to take this thing outside and start a
bonfire. Thank you.

NYTELTECH

A problem has been detected and W\windows has been shut down to prevent damage
to your computer.

SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen,
restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow
these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer
for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware
or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
If you needto use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart
your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then
select safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000003B (0x00000000C0000005, 0xFFFFF97FFF0D809F,
0xFFFFFADFC4D29BB0, 0
x0000000000000000)

*** win32k.sys - Address FFFFF97FFF0DB809F base at FFFFF97FFF000000,
DateStamp
45e6f310

Beginning dump of physical memory

Physical memory dump complete.
Contact you system administrator or technical support group for further
assistance.

#############This happened @5:30 pm after powering up my
computer.############################

Greg R

You have a pretty good overclock going on there if your CPU is at 3.73Ghz.
What Intel CPU (E6300, E6600 and so on) are you using and what is the
temperature for the CPU showing at in your BIOS?

"NYTELTECH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm hoping that someone out there will be able to help with this issue:
>
> About a year and a half ago, I decided to build a PC. I thought I would
> go
> with the newest and best hardware I could find (in my mind). Long story
> short about hardware is that I got an A-bit AW8D motherboard, 64 bit Intel
> LGA 775 Processor 3.73Ghz, and 2Gb Corsair memory. I have an older Cd-rom
> drive that came off of my old system - a samsung combo drive, the
> traditional
> floppy drive. I have 2 HDD's - one is 250GB, which I use for storage of
> the
> things I can't live without (kids' pictures, videos, music collection),
> you
> get the point -- This HDD is just storage. My OS resides on a 500Gb HDD,
> and
> it started crashing constantly after several months with no problems. I
> reloaded XP pro x64 build 3190 and my problems went away for another
> several
> months (after losing a few pictures and about 100Gb of music and movies).
> learned my lesson, so I read up on restore points and creating backups of
> my
> system. I have performed countless restores now, but my restart, and
> errors
> (BSOD) issues keep getting worse each time. I'm not sure what other
> information I need to post, excetpt that I am getting stop errors for
> anything IRQ -- I thought this was no longer an issue? Also for CD-rom --
> Bad block, but I have no disk in drive. Kernel mode exceptions, Page
> faults,
> and Device driver errors to name a few. I have looked up all info for
> drivers, and I am up to date with all of them, as well as BIOS. Please,
> any
> suggestions would help. I'm about to take this thing outside and start a
> bonfire. Thank you.

NYTELTECH

no overclock, never been able to. It's an Intel pentium extreme edition
processor with Hyperthreading technology. The reason I had to go with x64,
it wouldn't let me install a 32 bit OS

"Greg R" wrote:

> You have a pretty good overclock going on there if your CPU is at 3.73Ghz.
> What Intel CPU (E6300, E6600 and so on) are you using and what is the
> temperature for the CPU showing at in your BIOS?
>

> "NYTELTECH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I'm hoping that someone out there will be able to help with this issue:
> >
> > About a year and a half ago, I decided to build a PC. I thought I would
> > go
> > with the newest and best hardware I could find (in my mind). Long story
> > short about hardware is that I got an A-bit AW8D motherboard, 64 bit Intel
> > LGA 775 Processor 3.73Ghz, and 2Gb Corsair memory. I have an older Cd-rom
> > drive that came off of my old system - a samsung combo drive, the
> > traditional
> > floppy drive. I have 2 HDD's - one is 250GB, which I use for storage of
> > the
> > things I can't live without (kids' pictures, videos, music collection),
> > you
> > get the point -- This HDD is just storage. My OS resides on a 500Gb HDD,
> > and
> > it started crashing constantly after several months with no problems. I
> > reloaded XP pro x64 build 3190 and my problems went away for another
> > several
> > months (after losing a few pictures and about 100Gb of music and movies).
> > learned my lesson, so I read up on restore points and creating backups of
> > my
> > system. I have performed countless restores now, but my restart, and
> > errors
> > (BSOD) issues keep getting worse each time. I'm not sure what other
> > information I need to post, excetpt that I am getting stop errors for
> > anything IRQ -- I thought this was no longer an issue? Also for CD-rom --
> > Bad block, but I have no disk in drive. Kernel mode exceptions, Page
> > faults,
> > and Device driver errors to name a few. I have looked up all info for
> > drivers, and I am up to date with all of them, as well as BIOS. Please,
> > any
> > suggestions would help. I'm about to take this thing outside and start a
> > bonfire. Thank you.

Charlie Russel - MVP

There's really only two possibilities, here. One is hardware, the other is
an infection. Frankly, I think the infection the less likely.

I'm betting hardware, and that means basic troubleshooting. The areas you
need to look at include:
1.) heat
2.) memory
3.) power

So, let's start with heat. What's the inside temperature of the motherboard
and the CPU? (memory too if you have it.) If you don't know these numbers,
your mobo mfg should have included a utility to monitor them, or there are
third party ones out there you can run a trial of. If we're running hot,
there are ways to help. Probably the best way is a better case design, and a
CPU cooler designed to do the job better than the default one. Personally,
I'd want to get the numbers here down to 50 degrees C. or less.

Next, memory. It's very possible that there's a weak memory chip somehwere.
Corsair is decent memory, but even the best can have a problem. I'd run a
good, thorough, memory test overnight on the memory. Something like
memtest86, set to it's most thorough, and set to run continuously.

Finally, power. How big is your power supply, and what other peripherals are
in that box?

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"NYTELTECH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm hoping that someone out there will be able to help with this issue:
>
> About a year and a half ago, I decided to build a PC. I thought I would
> go
> with the newest and best hardware I could find (in my mind). Long story
> short about hardware is that I got an A-bit AW8D motherboard, 64 bit Intel
> LGA 775 Processor 3.73Ghz, and 2Gb Corsair memory. I have an older Cd-rom
> drive that came off of my old system - a samsung combo drive, the
> traditional
> floppy drive. I have 2 HDD's - one is 250GB, which I use for storage of
> the
> things I can't live without (kids' pictures, videos, music collection),
> you
> get the point -- This HDD is just storage. My OS resides on a 500Gb HDD,
> and
> it started crashing constantly after several months with no problems. I
> reloaded XP pro x64 build 3190 and my problems went away for another
> several
> months (after losing a few pictures and about 100Gb of music and movies).
> learned my lesson, so I read up on restore points and creating backups of
> my
> system. I have performed countless restores now, but my restart, and
> errors
> (BSOD) issues keep getting worse each time. I'm not sure what other
> information I need to post, excetpt that I am getting stop errors for
> anything IRQ -- I thought this was no longer an issue? Also for CD-rom --
> Bad block, but I have no disk in drive. Kernel mode exceptions, Page
> faults,
> and Device driver errors to name a few. I have looked up all info for
> drivers, and I am up to date with all of them, as well as BIOS. Please,
> any
> suggestions would help. I'm about to take this thing outside and start a
> bonfire. Thank you.

Colin Barnhorst

You certainly should have been able to install an x86 OS. Something is
fundamentally wrong here.

"NYTELTECH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> no overclock, never been able to. It's an Intel pentium extreme edition
> processor with Hyperthreading technology. The reason I had to go with
> x64,
> it wouldn't let me install a 32 bit OS
>
> "Greg R" wrote:
>
>> You have a pretty good overclock going on there if your CPU is at
>> 3.73Ghz.
>> What Intel CPU (E6300, E6600 and so on) are you using and what is the
>> temperature for the CPU showing at in your BIOS?
>>

>> "NYTELTECH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > I'm hoping that someone out there will be able to help with this issue:
>> >
>> > About a year and a half ago, I decided to build a PC. I thought I
>> > would
>> > go
>> > with the newest and best hardware I could find (in my mind). Long
>> > story
>> > short about hardware is that I got an A-bit AW8D motherboard, 64 bit
>> > Intel
>> > LGA 775 Processor 3.73Ghz, and 2Gb Corsair memory. I have an older
>> > Cd-rom
>> > drive that came off of my old system - a samsung combo drive, the
>> > traditional
>> > floppy drive. I have 2 HDD's - one is 250GB, which I use for storage
>> > of
>> > the
>> > things I can't live without (kids' pictures, videos, music collection),
>> > you
>> > get the point -- This HDD is just storage. My OS resides on a 500Gb
>> > HDD,
>> > and
>> > it started crashing constantly after several months with no problems.
>> > reloaded XP pro x64 build 3190 and my problems went away for another
>> > several
>> > months (after losing a few pictures and about 100Gb of music and
>> > movies).
>> > learned my lesson, so I read up on restore points and creating backups
>> > of
>> > my
>> > system. I have performed countless restores now, but my restart, and
>> > errors
>> > (BSOD) issues keep getting worse each time. I'm not sure what other
>> > information I need to post, excetpt that I am getting stop errors for
>> > anything IRQ -- I thought this was no longer an issue? Also for
>> > CD-rom --
>> > Bad block, but I have no disk in drive. Kernel mode exceptions, Page
>> > faults,
>> > and Device driver errors to name a few. I have looked up all info for
>> > drivers, and I am up to date with all of them, as well as BIOS.
>> > Please,
>> > any
>> > suggestions would help. I'm about to take this thing outside and start
>> > bonfire. Thank you.

NYTELTECH

Seems like The combination of AW8D motherboard and Intel chip just wouldn't
let 32 bit OS get installed. anyway, I checked temps. They are: CPU:70c,
motherboard 35c, and I've been keeping the case open since I thought it
might be heat as well. I don't think that's it anymore, but I'm still open
to suggestions. As far as memory goes, I have already run weekend stress
tests and found no problems. This is actually too much computer for what I
use it for, but I had to satisfy myself and make my first build. Power was
an issue when I first put my "Frankenstein" together. I was trying to run
this thing with an old 300W p/s. Needless to say, that did NOT go well. I
replaced it with an 800W BFG if I remember correctly, and it helped, but the
problems have not gone away. I really appreciate the input guys, and will
attempt anything suggested here because I am at a loss. I'm technically
savvy, and have great troubleshooting skills, but this thing is not a phone
system. Thanks.

Patrick

"NYTELTECH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Seems like The combination of AW8D motherboard and Intel chip just
> wouldn't
> let 32 bit OS get installed. anyway, I checked temps. They are: CPU:70c,
> motherboard 35c, and I've been keeping the case open since I thought it
> might be heat as well. I don't think that's it anymore, but I'm still
> open
> to suggestions. As far as memory goes, I have already run weekend stress
> tests and found no problems. This is actually too much computer for what
> use it for, but I had to satisfy myself and make my first build. Power
> was
> an issue when I first put my "Frankenstein" together. I was trying to run
> this thing with an old 300W p/s. Needless to say, that did NOT go well.
> replaced it with an 800W BFG if I remember correctly, and it helped, but
> the
> problems have not gone away. I really appreciate the input guys, and will
> attempt anything suggested here because I am at a loss. I'm technically
> savvy, and have great troubleshooting skills, but this thing is not a
> phone
> system. Thanks.

70c is to hot throw some ice on it should be 50-60

NYTELTECH

Sorry, it's @ 60, didn't check typing

"Patrick" wrote:

> "NYTELTECH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Seems like The combination of AW8D motherboard and Intel chip just
> > wouldn't
> > let 32 bit OS get installed. anyway, I checked temps. They are: CPU:70c,
> > motherboard 35c, and I've been keeping the case open since I thought it
> > might be heat as well. I don't think that's it anymore, but I'm still
> > open
> > to suggestions. As far as memory goes, I have already run weekend stress
> > tests and found no problems. This is actually too much computer for what
> > use it for, but I had to satisfy myself and make my first build. Power
> > was
> > an issue when I first put my "Frankenstein" together. I was trying to run
> > this thing with an old 300W p/s. Needless to say, that did NOT go well.
> > replaced it with an 800W BFG if I remember correctly, and it helped, but
> > the
> > problems have not gone away. I really appreciate the input guys, and will
> > attempt anything suggested here because I am at a loss. I'm technically
> > savvy, and have great troubleshooting skills, but this thing is not a
> > phone
> > system. Thanks.

> 70c is to hot throw some ice on it should be 50-60

Patrick

if that is at idle it is to hot 60 should be about max for full load
and below is my temps and this is at 30% load playing a game
on a Extream core 2 XQ6850

Field Value
Sensor Properties
Sensor Type ITE IT8718F (ISA 290h)
Motherboard Name Gigabyte G31 / G33 / P31 / P35 / X38 Series
Chassis Intrusion Detected Yes

Temperatures
Motherboard 35 °C (95 °F)
CPU 41 °C (106 °F)