Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Free MS E-books // Linq, Ajax and Silverlight 1.0 // Downloadable Books

Free MS E-books // Linq, Ajax and Silverlight 1.0 // Downloadable Books

sloan

This is a FYI, and a complaint.

http://csna01.libredigital.com/?urvs5cn3s8

Introducing Microsoft LINQ
by Paolo Pialorsi and Marco Russo
ISBN: 9780735623910

Introducing Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX
by Dino Esposito
ISBN: 9780735624139

Introducing Microsoft Silverlight 1.0
by Laurence Moroney
ISBN: 9780735625396

The FYI is about the 3 free ebooks.

The complaint is that

http://csna01.libredigital.com/pdf_loader.cfm

fails for all 3 books.

Cold Fusion? What year is this??

Error Occurred While Processing Request
File not found: /pdf_loader.cfm

Please try the following:
a.. Enable Robust Exception Information to provide greater
detail about the source of errors. In the Administrator, click Debugging &
Logging > Debugging Settings, and select the Robust Exception Information
option.
b.. Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are
using the correct syntax.
c.. Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your
problem.

Browser Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT
5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR
3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022)
Remote Address 00.00.00.00
Referrer
Date/Time 13-Jan-08 10:53 PM

Leon Mayne

"sloan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> The complaint is that
> http://csna01.libredigital.com/pdf_loader.cfm
> fails for all 3 books.

I got this as well on one machine that didn't have Acrobat reader installed.
Make sure you have Adobe Acrobat reader installed and try again. A blank
page should appear for quite a while, but be patient and you'll get it in
the end!

Juan T. Llibre

Works fine for me, Sloan.
Do you have Adobe Reader installed ?

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
======================================
"sloan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> This is a FYI, and a complaint.
>
> http://csna01.libredigital.com/?urvs5cn3s8
>
> Introducing Microsoft LINQ
> by Paolo Pialorsi and Marco Russo
> ISBN: 9780735623910
>

> Introducing Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX
> by Dino Esposito
> ISBN: 9780735624139
>
> Introducing Microsoft Silverlight 1.0
> by Laurence Moroney
> ISBN: 9780735625396
>

> The FYI is about the 3 free ebooks.
>

> The complaint is that
>
> http://csna01.libredigital.com/pdf_loader.cfm
>
> fails for all 3 books.
>
> Cold Fusion? What year is this??
>

> Error Occurred While Processing Request
> File not found: /pdf_loader.cfm
>

> Please try the following:
> a.. Enable Robust Exception Information to provide greater detail about the source of errors. In the
> Administrator, click Debugging & Logging > Debugging Settings, and select the Robust Exception Information option.
> b.. Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.
> c.. Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.
>

> Browser Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727;
> .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022)
> Remote Address 00.00.00.00
> Referrer
> Date/Time 13-Jan-08 10:53 PM

Juan T. Llibre

Oops, my apologies, Sloan.

I thought you meant the previews.
I now see you mean getting the actual free, complete, ebooks.

Yes, I see the same problem you describe.

"Juan T. Llibre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Works fine for me, Sloan.
> Do you have Adobe Reader installed ?
>

> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
> "sloan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> This is a FYI, and a complaint.
>>
>> http://csna01.libredigital.com/?urvs5cn3s8
>>
>> Introducing Microsoft LINQ
>> by Paolo Pialorsi and Marco Russo
>> ISBN: 9780735623910
>>

>> Introducing Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX
>> by Dino Esposito
>> ISBN: 9780735624139
>>
>> Introducing Microsoft Silverlight 1.0
>> by Laurence Moroney
>> ISBN: 9780735625396
>>

>> The FYI is about the 3 free ebooks.
>>

>> The complaint is that
>>
>> http://csna01.libredigital.com/pdf_loader.cfm
>>
>> fails for all 3 books.
>>
>> Cold Fusion? What year is this??
>>

>> Error Occurred While Processing Request
>> File not found: /pdf_loader.cfm
>>

>> Please try the following:
>> a.. Enable Robust Exception Information to provide greater detail about the source of errors. In the
>> Administrator, click Debugging & Logging > Debugging Settings, and select the Robust Exception Information option.
>> b.. Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.
>> c.. Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.
>>

>> Browser Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727;
>> .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022)
>> Remote Address 00.00.00.00
>> Referrer
>> Date/Time 13-Jan-08 10:53 PM

Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]

This was working a few days ago as I was able to download all 3 books. Seems
they've broken it in the interim. Complain to libredigital or whoever they
are.
-- Peter
Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com

"sloan" wrote:

> This is a FYI, and a complaint.
>
> http://csna01.libredigital.com/?urvs5cn3s8
>
> Introducing Microsoft LINQ
> by Paolo Pialorsi and Marco Russo
> ISBN: 9780735623910
>

> Introducing Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX
> by Dino Esposito
> ISBN: 9780735624139
>
> Introducing Microsoft Silverlight 1.0
> by Laurence Moroney
> ISBN: 9780735625396
>

> The FYI is about the 3 free ebooks.
>

> The complaint is that
>
> http://csna01.libredigital.com/pdf_loader.cfm
>
> fails for all 3 books.
>
> Cold Fusion? What year is this??
>

> Error Occurred While Processing Request
> File not found: /pdf_loader.cfm
>

> Please try the following:
> a.. Enable Robust Exception Information to provide greater
> detail about the source of errors. In the Administrator, click Debugging &
> Logging > Debugging Settings, and select the Robust Exception Information
> option.
> b.. Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are
> using the correct syntax.
> c.. Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your
> problem.
>

> Browser Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT
> 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR
> 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022)
> Remote Address 00.00.00.00
> Referrer
> Date/Time 13-Jan-08 10:53 PM

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> Complain to libredigital or whoever they are

For the record, I am not associated with them.

<chuckle>

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
======================================
"Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This was working a few days ago as I was able to download all 3 books. Seems
> they've broken it in the interim. Complain to libredigital or whoever they
> are.
> -- Peter
> Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
> MetaFinder: http://www.blogmetafinder.com
>

> "sloan" wrote:
>
>> This is a FYI, and a complaint.
>>
>> http://csna01.libredigital.com/?urvs5cn3s8
>>
>> Introducing Microsoft LINQ
>> by Paolo Pialorsi and Marco Russo
>> ISBN: 9780735623910
>>

>> Introducing Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX
>> by Dino Esposito
>> ISBN: 9780735624139
>>
>> Introducing Microsoft Silverlight 1.0
>> by Laurence Moroney
>> ISBN: 9780735625396
>>

>> The FYI is about the 3 free ebooks.
>>

>> The complaint is that
>>
>> http://csna01.libredigital.com/pdf_loader.cfm
>>
>> fails for all 3 books.
>>
>> Cold Fusion? What year is this??
>>

>> Error Occurred While Processing Request
>> File not found: /pdf_loader.cfm
>>

>> Please try the following:
>> a.. Enable Robust Exception Information to provide greater
>> detail about the source of errors. In the Administrator, click Debugging &
>> Logging > Debugging Settings, and select the Robust Exception Information
>> option.
>> b.. Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are
>> using the correct syntax.
>> c.. Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your
>> problem.
>>

>> Browser Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT
>> 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR
>> 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022)
>> Remote Address 00.00.00.00
>> Referrer
>> Date/Time 13-Jan-08 10:53 PM

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> Complain to libredigital

I just did, at http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Feel free to do so, too, to see if we can catch their attention.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
======================================
"Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This was working a few days ago as I was able to download all 3 books. Seems
> they've broken it in the interim. Complain to libredigital or whoever they
> are.
> -- Peter
> Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
> MetaFinder: http://www.blogmetafinder.com
>

> "sloan" wrote:
>
>> This is a FYI, and a complaint.
>>
>> http://csna01.libredigital.com/?urvs5cn3s8
>>
>> Introducing Microsoft LINQ
>> by Paolo Pialorsi and Marco Russo
>> ISBN: 9780735623910
>>

>> Introducing Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX
>> by Dino Esposito
>> ISBN: 9780735624139
>>
>> Introducing Microsoft Silverlight 1.0
>> by Laurence Moroney
>> ISBN: 9780735625396
>>

>> The FYI is about the 3 free ebooks.
>>

>> The complaint is that
>>
>> http://csna01.libredigital.com/pdf_loader.cfm
>>
>> fails for all 3 books.
>>
>> Cold Fusion? What year is this??
>>

>> Error Occurred While Processing Request
>> File not found: /pdf_loader.cfm
>>

>> Please try the following:
>> a.. Enable Robust Exception Information to provide greater
>> detail about the source of errors. In the Administrator, click Debugging &
>> Logging > Debugging Settings, and select the Robust Exception Information
>> option.
>> b.. Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are
>> using the correct syntax.
>> c.. Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your
>> problem.
>>

>> Browser Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT
>> 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR
>> 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022)
>> Remote Address 00.00.00.00
>> Referrer
>> Date/Time 13-Jan-08 10:53 PM

Leon Mayne

news:OWiC$(E-Mail Removed)...
> re:
> !> Complain to libredigital or whoever they are
>
> For the record, I am not associated with them.
>
> <chuckle>

Hadn't noticed that.

sloan

They have fixed it.

Must have been a weekend/nobody there to fix it..issue.

Email from them:

Thank you for contacting LibreDigital. Are developers are aware of the
issue you reported and are currently addressing it. The titles will be
available shortly. We appreciate your patience and continued interest in
the Microsoft products.

Best Regards

LibreDigital
Coretta B
LibreDigital Sales Manager

Wow, a contact form that actually goes somewhere!

"sloan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> This is a FYI, and a complaint.
>
> http://csna01.libredigital.com/?urvs5cn3s8
>
> Introducing Microsoft LINQ
> by Paolo Pialorsi and Marco Russo
> ISBN: 9780735623910
>

> Introducing Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX
> by Dino Esposito
> ISBN: 9780735624139
>
> Introducing Microsoft Silverlight 1.0
> by Laurence Moroney
> ISBN: 9780735625396
>

> The FYI is about the 3 free ebooks.
>

> The complaint is that
>
> http://csna01.libredigital.com/pdf_loader.cfm
>
> fails for all 3 books.
>
> Cold Fusion? What year is this??
>

> Error Occurred While Processing Request
> File not found: /pdf_loader.cfm
>

> Please try the following:
> a.. Enable Robust Exception Information to provide greater
> detail about the source of errors. In the Administrator, click Debugging &
> Logging > Debugging Settings, and select the Robust Exception Information
> option.
> b.. Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are
> using the correct syntax.
> c.. Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your
> problem.
>

> Browser Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT
> 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET
> CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022)
> Remote Address 00.00.00.00
> Referrer
> Date/Time 13-Jan-08 10:53 PM

sloan

A friend just emailed me...and they're back down again.

Server Overload?

news:eixU$(E-Mail Removed)...