Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > JVC Camcorder - Anyone have experience with it?

JVC Camcorder - Anyone have experience with it?

Ernie Jones

I'm saw one on sale at Frys, and thought I'd ask if anyone here might
have one and can give me a thumbs up or down on it. Basically I need
one for work -- just a good, noise-free record.... nothing professional
quality.

JVC Mini-DV CamCorder
GRD770US
34x optical zoom
900x digital zoom
1/6-inch 680 K pixel CCD
SD memory slot
USB connection
Frys GRD770US #5135386
$239

Fry's spec page:
http://shop1.outpost.com/{aG0fWNNyLfF7UgeUr+eoPQ**.node2}/product/5135386;jsessionid=aG0fWNNyLfF7UgeUr+eoPQ**.node2? site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

or

http://tinyurl.com/2ns6qe

Thanks,
Ernie

John

Ernie Jones wrote:
> I'm saw one on sale at Frys, and thought I'd ask if anyone here might
> have one and can give me a thumbs up or down on it. Basically I need
> one for work -- just a good, noise-free record.... nothing professional
> quality.
>
> JVC Mini-DV CamCorder
> GRD770US
> 34x optical zoom
> 900x digital zoom
> 1/6-inch 680 K pixel CCD
> SD memory slot
> USB connection
> Frys GRD770US #5135386
> $239
>
> Fry's spec page:
> http://shop1.outpost.com/{aG0fWNNyLfF7UgeUr+eoPQ**.node2}/product/5135386;jsessionid=aG0fWNNyLfF7UgeUr+eoPQ**.node2? site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
>
> or
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2ns6qe
>
> Thanks,
> Ernie

Ernie, you would better sticking to 3 major big guns and by either a
Panasonic, Sony or a Canon.

John.

Ernie Jones

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ernie Jones wrote:
> > I'm saw one on sale at Frys, and thought I'd ask if anyone here

might
> > have one and can give me a thumbs up or down on it. Basically I

need
> > one for work -- just a good, noise-free record.... nothing

professional
> > quality.
> >
> > JVC Mini-DV CamCorder
> > GRD770US
> > 34x optical zoom
> > 900x digital zoom
> > 1/6-inch 680 K pixel CCD
> > SD memory slot
> > USB connection
> > Frys GRD770US #5135386
> > $239
> >
> > Fry's spec page:

http://shop1.outpost.com/{aG0fWNNyLfF7UgeUr+eoPQ**.node2}/product/5135386;jsessionid=aG0fWNNyLfF7UgeUr+eoPQ**.node2? site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

> > or
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/2ns6qe
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ernie
> >

> Ernie, you would better sticking to 3 major big guns and by either a
> Panasonic, Sony or a Canon.
>
> John.

Thanks. How about Sharp? I have an older tape camcorder and it worked
great.

John

Ernie Jones wrote:
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Ernie Jones wrote:
>>> I'm saw one on sale at Frys, and thought I'd ask if anyone here

> might
>>> have one and can give me a thumbs up or down on it. Basically I

> need
>>> one for work -- just a good, noise-free record.... nothing

> professional
>>> quality.
>>>
>>> JVC Mini-DV CamCorder
>>> GRD770US
>>> 34x optical zoom
>>> 900x digital zoom
>>> 1/6-inch 680 K pixel CCD
>>> SD memory slot
>>> USB connection
>>> Frys GRD770US #5135386
>>> $239
>>>
>>> Fry's spec page:
>>>

> http://shop1.outpost.com/{aG0fWNNyLfF7UgeUr+eoPQ**.node2}/product/5135386;jsessionid=aG0fWNNyLfF7UgeUr+eoPQ**.node2? site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
>>> or
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/2ns6qe
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Ernie
>>>

>> Ernie, you would better sticking to 3 major big guns and by either a
>> Panasonic, Sony or a Canon.
>>
>> John.

> Thanks. How about Sharp? I have an older tape camcorder and it worked
> great.

Definitely not sharp.

John.

Ernie Jones

"John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ernie Jones wrote:
> > "John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > might

> > need

> > professional

> > http://shop1.outpost.com/{aG0fWNNyLfF7UgeUr+eoPQ**.node2}/product/5135386;jsessionid=aG0fWNNyLfF7UgeUr+eoPQ**.node2? site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

> >> Ernie, you would better sticking to 3 major big guns and by either a
> >> Panasonic, Sony or a Canon.
> >>
> >> John.

> > Thanks. How about Sharp? I have an older tape camcorder and it worked
> > great.
> >

> Definitely not sharp.
>
> John.

Where do you get your info from?

The last 3 devices I bought made by Panasonic were crap. Fax machine - VERY difficult to use (fax machine? difficult? sure was!!); TV/VCR -- anti-intuitive remote, again hard to believe it was Panasonic. Last was an answering machine that lasted about 3 months.

John

If you Google for something like 'best camcorder' you will see that most
reviewers will suggest Panasonic, Sony and Canon more or less in that
order. It's not me suggesting these makes, but the professionals who
review them.

Regards,
John.