Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > RE: VS thinks it knows things better

RE: VS thinks it knows things better

Charlie Nilsson [MSFT]

Martin, can you post the source you are working with, here? (aspx + code
behind) As well, could you give me the version information that you see
when you click on Help->About.

Thanks

Charlie Nilsson [msft]
Visual Studio Update

originated.
--------------------
> From: "Martin Olson" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Subject: VS thinks it knows things better
> Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 10:21:22 +0200
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
>
> For a Web User Control I've made a table, writing it all on the HTML tab.
> Fot the tableheader <th> I have written align="center". When I switch to

the
> Design tab and then go back to HTML tab again, VS have changed the word
> 'center' to 'middle' and marked it with the red wave (indicating that it
> isnīt correct). When I, on the Design tab look at the cellīs property, it
> says 'center' but still 'middle' in the HTML code. I have got one

suggestion
> that it could have with the dictionary in Word to do. I do not think that
> that could be the case, but who knows. Strange things have been developed
> and sold before. I am using .Net 1.0.
>
> Regards
> Martin

Martin Olson

Hi Charlie!
Here comes the code you asked for. The versioninfo is,
- Microsoft Development Environment 2002 Version 7.0.9466
- Microsoft .Net Framework 1.0 Version 1.0.3705.

Another thing, VS also changes the letters from lower case till upper case,
but just sometimes. When I wrote the code I allways wrote it with lower
case.
Martin

"<%@ Control Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false"
Codebehind="CtrlTwo.ascx.vb" Inherits="ReportOne.CtrlTwo"
TargetSchema="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5" %>"
"<table width="60">"
" <tr>"
" <th align="middle" width="100%"> <!--Here I did wrote 'center' as value
for the attribute 'align'.-->"
" AV.L/R</th>"
" <tr>"
" <tr>"
" <td><input type="text" size="3" name="ctrl2_12">"
" </td>"
" </tr>"
" <TR>"
" <TD><input type="text" size="3" name="ctrl2_13"></TD>"
" </TR>"
" <TR>"
" <TD><input type="text" size="3" name="ctrl2_14"></TD>"
" </TR>"
"</table>"

"Charlie Nilsson [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Martin, can you post the source you are working with, here? (aspx + code
> behind) As well, could you give me the version information that you see
> when you click on Help->About.
>
> Thanks
>

> Charlie Nilsson [msft]
> Visual Studio Update

rights.

> Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this
> message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they
> originated.
> --------------------
> > From: "Martin Olson" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > Subject: VS thinks it knows things better
> > Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 10:21:22 +0200
> > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

> > For a Web User Control I've made a table, writing it all on the HTML

tab.
> > Fot the tableheader <th> I have written align="center". When I switch to

> the
> > Design tab and then go back to HTML tab again, VS have changed the word
> > 'center' to 'middle' and marked it with the red wave (indicating that it
> > isnīt correct). When I, on the Design tab look at the cellīs property,

it
> > says 'center' but still 'middle' in the HTML code. I have got one

> suggestion
> > that it could have with the dictionary in Word to do. I do not think

that
> > that could be the case, but who knows. Strange things have been

developed
> > and sold before. I am using .Net 1.0.
> >
> > Regards
> > Martin

Martin Olson

In this stage there is no, by me written, codebehind.

This is what VS wrote.

Public MustInherit Class CtrlTwo

Inherits System.Web.UI.UserControl

InitializeComponent()