Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > The Damn D3 Is Really Getting To Be A Nut Buster!!

The Damn D3 Is Really Getting To Be A Nut Buster!!

Rita Berkowitz

It was bound to happen sooner our later! The D3's magnesium body and
bulletproof design was eventually going to get tested to the breaking point!
It is said that sometimes the nut wins and sometimes the D3 wins. Well, the
D3 didn't fair so well in this run-in! It aint pretty!

<http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/hardcore.htm>

Rita

Paul Furman

Rita Berkowitz wrote:
> www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008

Wow, a dozen views an hour & they shut it down.
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/geo...ansfer-11.html

Neil Harrington

"Rita Berkowitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It was bound to happen sooner our later! The D3's magnesium body and
> bulletproof design was eventually going to get tested to the breaking
> point!
> It is said that sometimes the nut wins and sometimes the D3 wins. Well,
> the
> D3 didn't fair so well in this run-in! It aint pretty!
>
> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/hardcore.htm>

Squirrels are not very bright, apart from their sometimes amazing talent for
getting into bird feeders.

I saw one steal a lump of charcoal from somebody's outdoor grill once, and
race off home proudly with his loot.

Neil

David J Taylor

Neil Harrington wrote:
[]
> Squirrels are not very bright, apart from their sometimes amazing
> talent for getting into bird feeders.
>
> I saw one steal a lump of charcoal from somebody's outdoor grill
> once, and race off home proudly with his loot.
>
> Neil

Obviously thinking about keeping warm for the winter! <G>

David

The Daveİ

> Neil Harrington wrote:
> Squirrels are not very bright, apart from their sometimes amazing
> talent for getting into bird feeders.
>
> I saw one steal a lump of charcoal from somebody's outdoor grill
> once, and race off home proudly with his loot.

LOL! Yeah, but I've seen people do similar things.

Rita Berkowitz

Neil Harrington wrote:

>> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/hardcore.htm>

> Squirrels are not very bright, apart from their sometimes amazing
> talent for getting into bird feeders.
>
> I saw one steal a lump of charcoal from somebody's outdoor grill
> once, and race off home proudly with his loot.

It's when they learn how to light it is when the problems start.

Rita

William Graham

"Rita Berkowitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Neil Harrington wrote:
>
>>> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/hardcore.htm>

>> Squirrels are not very bright, apart from their sometimes amazing
>> talent for getting into bird feeders.
>>
>> I saw one steal a lump of charcoal from somebody's outdoor grill
>> once, and race off home proudly with his loot.

> It's when they learn how to light it is when the problems start.

I think there is something in charcoal that animals need.....I used to have
a dog that would steal pieces of coal out of the fireplace and gnaw on it
afterward. I know that squirrels' front teeth will grow to unmanageable
lengths if they don't find things to gnaw on to wear them down.....Perhaps
this is what they do with the charcoal.

Rich

On Jan 13, 12:06 am, "Rita Berkowitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> It was bound to happen sooner our later! The D3's magnesium body and
> bulletproof design was eventually going to get tested to the breaking point!
> It is said that sometimes the nut wins and sometimes the D3 wins. Well, the
> D3 didn't fair so well in this run-in! It aint pretty!
>
> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/hardcore.htm>
>
> Rita

Older and wiser.

http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/91055090

Neil Harrington

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Jan 13, 12:06 am, "Rita Berkowitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> It was bound to happen sooner our later! The D3's magnesium body and
>> bulletproof design was eventually going to get tested to the breaking
>> point!
>> It is said that sometimes the nut wins and sometimes the D3 wins. Well,
>> the
>> D3 didn't fair so well in this run-in! It aint pretty!
>>
>> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/hardcore.htm>
>>
>> Rita

> Older and wiser.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/91055090

Nice shot!

Neil

timeOday

Kinon O'Cann wrote:

> "The Daveİ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:478a2524$0$26027$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>> Neil Harrington wrote:
>>> Squirrels are not very bright, apart from their sometimes amazing
>>> talent for getting into bird feeders.
>>>
>>> I saw one steal a lump of charcoal from somebody's outdoor grill
>>> once, and race off home proudly with his loot.

>> LOL! Yeah, but I've seen people do similar things.

> I know of a fat assed moron from Baltimore who spend $5K on a camera and
> can't produce a single decent shot!

I think it's a good squirrel shot. The bokeh is weird, but I would not
have noticed the foul "nut" had it not been called to attention.

Computational nut? Soren Kuula XML 1 02-19-2006 05:50 AM
I cannot get my damn FTP server to work? Really frustrating. David Mills Computer Support 9 01-22-2006 10:06 PM
Tough PMTUD nut to crack John Caruso Cisco 1 07-03-2005 06:31 PM
To all those nut bars who ask you to forward some stupid e-mail because... Treb Computer Support 6 11-17-2003 04:16 AM
WHAT is this ??? Got Me by the Nut-Sack! Ken ASP .Net 2 10-22-2003 04:44 PM

Advertisments