Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > multiple WAP's

multiple WAP's

Randy Starkey

Hi,

If we have multiple WAP's in our building, is the best way to set those up
to put each one on a different channel? Will laptops seamlessly move between
them with out dropping drives etc.?

Thanks!

--Randy Starkey

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Yap they should use the same SSID and put on different channels.
There is No Perfect seamless but with good professional Access Points, it is
seamlessly with occasional Hiccups.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Randy Starkey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> If we have multiple WAP's in our building, is the best way to set those up
> to put each one on a different channel? Will laptops seamlessly move
> between them with out dropping drives etc.?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --Randy Starkey

Randy Starkey

OK. Cool. Got any favorite AP's? For either G or N. We currently use DLink
2100's Tnx!

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...