Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > binary of gcc and gfortran of snapshot 2008-0111 for windows is available for download

binary of gcc and gfortran of snapshot 2008-0111 for windows is available for download

post

www.equation.com
Free compiler for multi-core and multi-processor computer.

e p chandler

On Jan 12, 3:03*pm, "post" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> www.equation.com
> Free compiler for multi-core and multi-processor computer.

How does this differ from FX Coudert's distribution?

Tim Prince

e p chandler wrote:
> On Jan 12, 3:03 pm, "post" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> www.equation.com
>> Free compiler for multi-core and multi-processor computer.

> How does this differ from FX Coudert's distribution?

advertising content, for one.

post

>"e p chandler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>How does this differ from FX Coudert's distribution?

No comparison. One thing for sure is the distribution has a win32-based
libgomp.a for OpenMp. The distribution does not need pthread-win32 DLL.

jacob navia

post wrote:
> www.equation.com
> Free compiler for multi-core and multi-processor computer.

When I start the compiler I get

d:\gcc\bin>gcc hello.c
gcc: CreateProcess: No such file or directory

The compiler is unable to do anything. When called in
standalone mode it works

gcc
d:\gcc\bin>gcc
gcc: no input files

But it doesn't do anything else

--
jacob navia
jacob at jacob point remcomp point fr

post

"jacob navia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fmd47t$vj6$(E-Mail Removed)...
> post wrote:
> > www.equation.com
> > Free compiler for multi-core and multi-processor computer.
> >

> When I start the compiler I get
>
> d:\gcc\bin>gcc hello.c
> gcc: CreateProcess: No such file or directory

It seems Installer failed to set envorinment variables.

Please type the following command

set | more

and find out PATH=?

post

"jacob navia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fmd47t$vj6$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I start the compiler I get
>
> d:\gcc\bin>gcc hello.c
> gcc: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
>
> The compiler is unable to do anything. When called in
> standalone mode it works
>
> gcc
> d:\gcc\bin>gcc
> gcc: no input files
>
> But it doesn't do anything else

After re-examining your post, it seems you changed to the subdirectory
d:\gcc\bin to test the compiler immediately after you installed the binary.
Windows OS requires you logoff, and then login to make "new" environment
variables in effect. The compiler cannot work without proper environment
variables (Installer set the variables, but you need to login to make new
variables in effect).

If you try again, the compiler should work. It is not necessary to run the
compiler in the subdirectory d:\gcc\bin. You can run the compiler in any
subdirectory, for example, c:\temp.

Good luck.

Kenny McCormack

In article <M1yij.2959$Y63.2359@trnddc03>, post <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>After re-examining your post, it seems you changed to the subdirectory
>d:\gcc\bin to test the compiler immediately after you installed the binary.
>Windows OS requires you logoff, and then login to make "new" environment
>variables in effect. The compiler cannot work without proper environment
>variables (Installer set the variables, but you need to login to make new
>variables in effect).

1) I'm amazed that the CLC topicality police aren't all over this
thread. Come on, guys! Cat got (all of) your tongues???
2) (OT, duh...) What you say above isn't true. Depending on exactly how
"the installer" set the variables, at most, all you should need to do is
open up a new CMD shell window.